Cell Phone 411

decafmom

If you ever need to find a phone a phone number when you're out, no need to pay the fee that the cell phone company charges anymore, just call 1-800-373-3411 and all you are charged are the minutes for making the call. I think my company charges $1-$1.50 for this service, and I've used it before in desperation, so I was happy to program this into my phone!

If you have text messaging you can also google a search. You enter the place or business you are wanting a number for, hit space and enter the zipcode for that city and then enter google without the e as the number to send to (466-45, or googl). You should receive a text back with all of the info.

This is 1-800-FREE-411 in case you don't program it in your phone and you are out somewhere trying to remember the number. I've done that more than once.

This is a really neat service too. It is completely automated, it asks business, government or residential, the city and state and then the listing.

It is paid for by the advertisers. While you are waiting for your number you listen to a short 20 - 30 second ad for a company that (most of the time) is in the same business of what you're looking up. If it's residential that you are looking for, when you are connected, the called party hears a short advertisement for a company in their area.

If you ever need to find a phone a phone number when you're out, no need to pay the fee that the cell phone company charges anymore, just call 1-800-373-3411 and all you are charged are the minutes for making the call. I think my company charges $1-$1.50 for this service, and I've used it before in desperation, so I was happy to program this into my phone!

You are not taking it in wrong. That's how it works. You call 1-800-FREE-411 and they give you the number you want and will connect you for FREE!! The service is paid for by the advertisers. In exchange for them giving you a telephone number for free, you have to listen to a 15-30 second ad. IMO that's a fair trade.

so has anyone used it long enough to have gotten a bill from the cell phone company to verify it? it sounds great, but I believe in that "if it's too good to be true, it is" group!

I'm glad I'm not the only skeptic but around this web-site I am begining to believe!! ;)

I tried it and had trouble with a difficult last name, but an operator came on line and it worked well. FREE!! I have programmed it in my home and cell phones, and made my kids program it in their cell phones too. I HATE paying for those lousy 411 calls. THANKS for sharing!