Has anyone purchased anything that was "refurbished" through Overstock.com?

LyLMyssChaos

I have found some really great deals on MP3 players and I was thinking of getting one for my husband for a stocking stuffer. I know that he won't settle for anything with a capacity less than 512mb, but he said he really doesn't care about brand. I can't afford a lot as I already bought his other present, but I thought if they were reliable that this might not be too bad.

Thanks!! I just picked up the shuffle for my DH for a stocking stuffer. I wish I could afford the full out Ipod, but still getting the shuffle, plus a rapid charger for only $81.95 shipped was something I couldn't pass up since he has been wanting one forever! I just hope it gets here in time! If not, I printed out the pictures and I'll just wrap those and put them in his stocking! LOL

I am so in love with GottaDeal!!!:g_thumbri:yay::2wiggle:

Oh, refurb ipods are virtually brand-new. I've heard of a lot of people getting them and swearing they were brand-new. Now they were buying direct from Apple and not overstock.com, but if Apple is the one that did the refurbishing, then about the only thing different between it and a new one is the price.

I buy refurbished things all the time, long as it has a decent warranty and the price is right. If there was a problem, I'd just return it and get another, just like anything else.

Hope this helps - Refurbished means one of two things - One: it was defective and has been repaired or Two: the item was returned because someone changed their mind - once it has been sold once - it cannot be sold as new - hence it is sold as "refurbished" Most refurbished items ( 80%) when i used to work with cellphones and other electronice were part of the second example