$5 Off Order of $35+ on Amazon (Facebook Required) @ amazon.com

elite2058

Amazon has $5 OFF a $35 Order with coupon that requires:

1. Click Link and select a Wish List or create one to share on Facebook

http://www.amazon.com/gp/socialmedia/promotions/wishlist2013

2. Just answer a question on the page and click on the 'Share & Claim' button to share your answer on Facebook

3. A $5 off $35 or more promotional credit will be automatically applied to your account. Promotional credits must be redeemed by 11:59 PM PST on Sunday, December 15, 2013.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/social/answer/WL_AnC_LP_300x300._V367814525_.jpg

• Like 2

So did I! Here's what it said after I did it :
"Congratulations! A promotional credit of $5 has been applied to your account. Follow these directions to redeem:"
1) Shop for items on Amazon.com that say "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."
2) Add $35 or more of eligible items to your Cart and proceed to Checkout.
3) On the "Review Your Order" page, you will see the $5 savings applied.

This worked great!

I tried this on an Amazon Paperwhite case and it doesn't work.  It mentions in the small print it doesn't work on kindle devices, but nothing about accessories.  I noticed the cases say they are sold by "Amazon Digital Services" so that must be the deciding factor.  Worked great on a video game so there are still plenty of other things I can find to use it on :)  Thanks OP.

I tried this on an Amazon Paperwhite case and it doesn't work.  It mentions in the small print it doesn't work on kindle devices, but nothing about accessories.  I noticed the cases say they are sold by "Amazon Digital Services" so that must be the deciding factor.  Worked great on a video game so there are still plenty of other things I can find to use it on :)  Thanks OP.

Yes, you can't buy books or music or anything sold by amazon digital services as they aren't really being sold by amazon either. And it's just a license to read the item, you don't really own digital content. I think the only reason they put the 35.00 in there is becuaes that is the new minimum for free shipping. 

I don't know how you were able to use it on an item under 35. My email said the promo wouldn't kick in until my total reached 35. I just bought an item for 8.00 and it didn't show up. PRobably use it on pokemon x. Have it in my cart waiting on a sale. 

I used it on a lightning deal for the Sookie Stackhouse book set that was 19.99. Got it for 14.99.

And that's the only thing I ordered.

I just looked at this and the original price is $43.29. The lightning deal was 19.99 so I guess since the original price was over $35 that must be why even though the lightning deal was 19.99.

Edited by jade2002
  • Like 1

Yes, that would do it.. Last year on here they had posted if you bought 3 of hte 3ds games that were in a lightning deal, you got the promjotion for buying 25.00 worth of video games , even though they were only 5.00 apiece on lightning deal. Ended up getting 3 games for 7.00 total. I would have got the Sookie deal, but I always preorder her books in hardback. 

Edited by peppysfireball

I used it on a lightning deal for the Sookie Stackhouse book set that was 19.99. Got it for 14.99.

And that's the only thing I ordered.

I just looked at this and the original price is $43.29. The lightning deal was 19.99 so I guess since the original price was over $35 that must be why even though the lightning deal was 19.99.

Yep.  LD's are actually promotional discounts rather than sales.  So in your cart you are charged the full price and then the promo (LD) kicks in as a discount.  Good deal :)  Unfortunately, for that same reason, if you have a gift card on your account, you cannot choose pay without it and get a LD.  Sometimes my kids have GCs that I don't want to spend on my stuff so I take out the gift card and pay with my CC.  With LD's all promo codes are combined into one in the payment options and if you uncheck the box with your balance it will take out the LD discount as well.  You can't take out just one.