advent calenders

stevierocks

i have ben looking at them this year, and have come to the opinion that even on sale they are so expensive for what they actually hold.

debating making my own up.. thinking i would need 24 very small toys /items

then i think about how i would do it,and think back to the ones on sale.. even the 20 bucks for the one thats lower then 1/2 price,,, its almost a buck a item!

though i do think it would be fun to do the count down like that...

i have ben looking at them this year, and have come to the opinion that even on sale they are so expensive for what they actually hold.

debating making my own up.. thinking i would need 24 very small toys /items

then i think about how i would do it,and think back to the ones on sale.. even the 20 bucks for the one thats lower then 1/2 price,,, its almost a buck a item!

though i do think it would be fun to do the count down like that...

Check to see if you have any Boy Scouts in your area.  My DS Boy Scout Troop sold Advent Calendars this year for $5 apiece.  Treat was chocolate

We have one similar to this

http://ab.pkimgs.com/pkimgs/ab/images/dp/wcm/201334/0007/img4o.jpg

My dad gave it to my daughter her 1st Christmas. This sucker costs me a fortune to fill and is a pain in the butt to find little trinkets that fit in each pocket. We cant do candy in them which would make it slightly cheaper to fill. As much as I would like to skip it at 12 its one of the only thing she hasnt decided she is to cool/old for LOL