Anyone know where I can get Mario DDR (reasonably)?

MusicMama

UPDATE 12/13 -- Walmart.com has this in stock and the .97 shipping should be here by 12/20!! Yippee (got info from another board and posting here if anyone else is interested)

Never realized that this would be "limited" - according to local EBGames guy that I trust, there was a problem with the dance pad. I promised brother that we would get this for his girls, and now I'm in deep trouble.

Tried every local B&M that sells video games, tried every online version of the B&Ms, even tried ebay! (however, paying $ 125. for a $ 50.00 video game is just not in the budget) Buy.com let me order, but says item is "on order" with no guarantee of if/when - and I have had bad experiences with them on things like this before.

TIA for any suggestions.

Our local Walmart has quite a few of them, I didn't check the price though as it's not something my kids asked for. I only noticed them because they are stacked up all over the video game department.

Where do you live -- the 3 WMs near me are all out. Drove there, called there, no luck.

I live in western MA. Sometimes, if you get a very nice customer service person, they will call other stores and find what you want and have it sent to their store for you.

We did that at our Walmart for a Trampoline last summer. The woman was soooo nice, she told us she would call when it came in, we were expecting a wait, but she called 2 days later to say it was there and on hold for us.

It never hurts to ask.

I just got mine at Target on Monday. Had been checking there and Walmart for 3 weeks everyday! Then, yesterday, saw one at Sears! My suggestion is call places and have them hold them.

My WalMart said they are expecting more this week. Target had told me they were "hoping" to get more. Both places had said they had not had a shipment of them since the first shipment back in October.

I also had backordered it through Bestbuy.com. The email that I had gotten from them indicated they expected to be able to ship this week. (I canceled my order since I found one.)

Price at Target was $49.99 plus tax and included one dance mat and the game!

Hope that helps!

June

Did you end up finding one? I was at our Walmart again yesterday and there were only 2 left. I didn't realize it would be such a popular game. Oh, they were priced at $49.88, which I thought was pretty good since it comes with the game and a pad.

I updated this post yesterday about Walmart.com showing the item as "in stock" and orderable (after, of course, I ordered one for me) -- was I WRONG!!! Seems they most likely NEVER had them in stock and took orders anyway. Got a cancellation e-mail this morning, after printing a "will receive by" confirmation page yesterday. Called to speak to a CSM who basically recited the "that's why we have disclaimers on our site" mantra til I was tired of hearing it. When asked how many orders filled vs. cancelled she said that she couldn't even confirm that they ever had any in stock before posting the item on the website. ("the website does that all the time" and "no, your confirmation page DOESN'T show a will receive by date, only a may receive by date - I know that page well". When I offered to fax her the sheet, she declined.)

I am beyond disgusted with Walmart.com. I ordered another item from them via ShopAmex that was totally screwed up and that I've spent almost a week trying to straighten out. Ugh.