Apple TV or Roku 3 What can you do with these?

You might want to go with the Apple tv thing then. I have a Roku. It streams media (mostly stuff you can watch on computer, and it gives you the ability to watch it on tv. It has about 200-300 channels (like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, Ustream etc). It's well worth it if you don't have cable or satellite.

I don't know anything about the Roku.

We have an Apple TV and I really enjoy it. It comes with a remote and you can also download an app on your iPad, Touch or iPhone and use that as a remote too. I listen to music with Apple Radio and all of the movies DH has purchased through iTunes are on there as well. We also have Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Vimeo etc. through the Apple TV. I like that it's small so it doesn't take up your entire tv stand. (About 3"x 3"x 1")

Target has it for $99.99 plus a $10 Target gc this week. (Nov 3-9)

Roku is basically the same, about the size of a hockey puck and comes with a controller. They also have a certain Roku that comes with a controller that works as a game controller (they have several games you can download).

While the Apple TV doesn't have an Amazon Prime Video app, Amazon has finally dropped the restriction on the iOS app that prevented people from streaming Amazon Video content via AirPlay. That, combined with being able to access your iTunes, puts me on-board for getting an Apple TV.