Staples Black Friday opening time rumor

Brad

Got this e-mail from someone who claims to work for Staples:

Most Staples, with the exceptions of those in states specifically forbidding retail operations on Thanksgiving Day (Massachusetts, ironically, Staples home state being one) will open at 9pm until 1am. Those same store will reopen at 6am Black Friday until 9pm. In those states where they can't open Thanksgiving Day the stores will open at 12:30 am and remain open until 9pm Black Friday.

From the desk of Otis C. Parnnell, SVP US Retail Operations

All hail the almighty dollar!

That's an interesting approach to let them get in with the early competition Thanksgiving evening, but allow their employees to get some sleep in the middle of the night when there would likely be a big lull in the shopping anyway.

9:00 PM is also little better than 8:00 PM or earlier (but midnight or later would be even better.)

As tinkrbel asks, also curious whether they will have different doorbusters at 9 PM (or 12:30 AM), and at 6:00 AM, to try to draw shoppers back.

In the past, I have usually picked up some smaller doorbusters at Staples that didn't require you to get there too quickly after they open (memory sticks, cards, anti-virus software, and such).

Not Staples related, but a few years back k-mart opened on thanksgiving.  We were heading to Massachusetts anyway, so I stopped by the Salem, New Hampshire store.  The line was not terrible and I just walked in as they opened the doors.  The place had been ransacked.  They opened Wednesday because the Massachusetts stores opened Wednesday and all the door busters were sold out.  There were no rain checks.  Some people had been outside for hours and were very upset.  I haven't stepped in the store since.

Just went on Staples site to look for something.  Clicking on individual stores in the find a store section has a special green posting after the regular store hours that says: Open Thanksgiving 8pm to midnight! Open Black Friday 6am to normal close.

Black Friday deals are available in store and on staples.com while supplies last and include:

Kindle Fire with Special Offers for $79.99 (save $80)

HP Pavilion Chromebook for $179.99 (save $150)

Toshiba C55D-A5382 Laptop for $249.99 (save $200)

Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone for $49.99 after savings with new 2-year contract agreement or qualified 2-year upgrade. Available on Staples.com and select stores.

Black Friday deals are available in store and on staples.com while supplies last and include:

Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone for $49.99 after savings with new 2-year contract agreement or qualified 2-year upgrade. Available on Staples.com and select stores.

Hmm I wonder if Amazon will match the Kindle Fire price.  I would fully expect cancellations later if ordering from staples.com.  In my experiences with their website in the past (non-Black Friday), the inventory does not update very accurately or quickly.  They have recently updated their website, so maybe that has been fixed.

Where do these deals come from?  Are there details?

http://img.dealspl.us/dealimage/20000/1553000/1553526_1384115948.jpg

Staples has announced that they will have a Black Friday WEEK starting Sunday November 24th through Black Friday - However, the deals listed above will only be available Thursday 11/28 though Saturday 11/30... Here is a link to the pictures and information"

Black Friday/Staples

Edited by magickallight