XBox 360 bundle

Son wants Xbox 360 this year and Best Buy has a holiday bundle: Xbox 360 4GB Holiday Bundle with Kinect Sports: Season Two and Kinect Adventures for $250, free shipping plus $50 GC.  

Sounds like a pretty good deal, but will there be better deals around BF?  Just started my pricing research.  any advice is appreciated!  He's not a big gamer (loves skylanders) so I don't think we'll need a huge amount of memory.

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...

Try amazon.com, bestbuy.com, newegg.com.  with kinect think it adds about $50 or so to it, might look at buying it without the kinect.  I think they're about $250 at best with kinect. 250 gb hard drive is the one to purchase if you can swing it.  As with buying an xbox and kinect you'll want to be able to buy the extra addons for the games that you'll play.  Just wait till all the ads come out.  Gamestop has it without the kinect for $200 on BF, so just buy a kinect.  Its not that good of a deal on it, but a starting point for you.

Thanks.  I actually just bought it on Amazon.  They had a bundle for $240 250GB/Kinect/3 games.  This was seriously my only main purchase for BF so I figured it MIGHT get cheaper, but not by much and totally worth it to just be d.o.n.e. with it :)  I think I got a pretty good deal, maybe not the best, but I'm cool with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.  If it's for a younger child you might be able to get by with a 4GB, but we aren't huge gamers and went over that pretty quick.  No other differences besides hard drive space.  The 4GB has space to be upgraded (you can buy a hard drive separate and it's super easy to just plug it in).  Both of our XBox's are 4GB and we got the hard drives as add-ons.  I was able to get such good deals on 4GB at the time it was cheaper to take the deal and buy the hard drive.  The second time the hard drive also came with the full Lego Star Wars 3 game for free.  These were both a couple years ago, lots of deals on 250GB now so it might not work out to be cheaper up front now.  Also, on our first one we bought a 60GB drive, much cheaper than the full 250.  We didn't need the full 250, just more than the 4.  It all comes down to the deal you get on it I guess.