train tables

My daughter loves to go to toys r us and play with the million dollar train tables. I would love to get her one for Christmas but don't want to spend the extra big bucks! I've looked on ebay and they are going for what I'd pay in the stores plus the extra shipping cost. It doesn't really matter to me if it is a name brand set or not. Does anyone know of any good deals on train tables??

We got Patrick the Imaginarium Train Table to use for his Thomas Trains. Patrick's Gallery

I think it iwas 129.99 at our TRU vs. the actual Thomas one that was 189 or something like that.

This is a very nicely built table and was very easy to put together and is worth the money. I would suggest to get some Elmer's Wood Glue and glue the elevated peices together, as well as number them on the bottom when you first put the track together because they are easy to remove and some of the curved track pieces have track grooves on both sides and it is confusing to put them back together if more than one piece has been removed.

Here is my post in the lounge about it though.

Even the generic Imaginarium one is worht the money and it does come with trains, buildings, trees and people an airplane, helicopter and landing strip for the airplane.

We got our train table set at Costco. I think they have one again this year. It's the table and a whole train set up. It's not thomas, but the tracks are all the same wooden ones and the thomas trains work on them. I think ours was $80...not positive. We got ours 2 years ago. Anyway...if you're a costco member you may want to check out theirs.

my brother used to have a train "village" when he was younger. we had an old ping pong table that no one used, so our parents stapled some green astroturf to it, then my brother laid out the train tracks he had, got some trees, model houses, etc and had a complete setup. i'm not sure how old your daughter is, or if she has a train set already, but it works well :)

My daughter loves to go to toys r us and play with the million dollar train tables. I would love to get her one for Christmas but don't want to spend the extra big bucks! I've looked on ebay and they are going for what I'd pay in the stores plus the extra shipping cost. It doesn't really matter to me if it is a name brand set or not. Does anyone know of any good deals on train tables??

Try Amazon.com:D