xbox 360 where R they?

Guest Daisy Duke

Where did you hear this? Wal-Mart sets market guidelines, not the other way around!

Oooh Bill Gates and the Walton family in a slugging match. I'd pay to see that. Seriously, if there are XBoxes around, Microsoft itself may have some alternate guideline or street date that they are having vendors adhere to, not Big Bad Wal-Mart once again picking on the little tiny consumer. I'm pretty sure that when Wal-Mart makes their order for ten times what the other retailers ask for they are probably pretty open with Microsoft about their intentions. If they wanted to drop them out of an airplane, I would imagine that they would tell Microsoft at the time they ordered them.

Omg, i almost had a heart attack . Did you see the price:gd_soapbo [falls down]

That is freaking crazy!!! :spit: I mean I see that you get all that extra stuff but that is just looney. I am glad bf wants to wait for the PS3 although he wants an old X-BOX so he can play some of the games that only came out for them.

All the top games will be backwards compatible with the Xbox 360, so no big worries there.

I think it is a problem because according to what DH and I have read that is only like 4 or 5 games.

Also, if we read correctly the XBox and all games will no longer be made or sold after XBox 360 has been out for about 6 months to 1 year. So basically by this time next year, you will play hell trying to find any new systems or games. Has anyone else read or heard this?

I think it is a problem because according to what DH and I have read that is only like 4 or 5 games.

Also, if we read correctly the XBox and all games will no longer be made or sold after XBox 360 has been out for about 6 months to 1 year. So basically by this time next year, you will play hell trying to find any new systems or games. Has anyone else read or heard this?

You know, this is basically the way all of the systems worked as far as releasing the new games and then not releasing new ones. And I had heard the limited backwards compatibility issue. That would be why I scratched my plans to stand in the crazy long lines for the XBox. I was actually going to do it, but after I started reading up on it, I changed my mind. I just couldn't see taking a day or two off, spending 500 bucks and then only being able to play limited games. No thanks, I'll just wait. I tend to like to wait for the games to be out for like six months to a year anyway...you save 30 bucks a game most of the time. Think about all of the extra games you get that way. I explained that to my son, and he is totally on board with that principle now. At first he was mad, but once he realized that he can get two six month old games for the price of one new one, we just buy more after they've been out for a while. I also work on computers, so I try not to buy things when they first come out...I try to let the glitches work themselves out first!

At launch, I believe there were 22 gsames that are backwards compatible. They are tring to get ALL, but it may not be possible. And anyone who thinks they wont go through this with the PS3 is insane. Sony is the one who started this type of release. They have NEVER had enough, with any system launched. Some say the PSP was the exception, but here it was not. Just dont think its not gonna be you.

At launch, I believe there were 22 gsames that are backwards compatible. They are tring to get ALL, but it may not be possible. And anyone who thinks they wont go through this with the PS3 is insane. Sony is the one who started this type of release. They have NEVER had enough, with any system launched. Some say the PSP was the exception, but here it was not. Just dont think its not gonna be you.

Well, quite frankly, they don't want to make too many. They want there to be a panic and have people freaking out in the street. It's great free publicity. It makes the game system look more popular than if 100 million people all bought one and the extra 20 million set on the shelves, and we just got to see pictures of the things sitting on the shelves. They want you to think about how hot and cool the things are. I mean the things will sell themselves anyway, but when they sit on the shelves, they will lose a bit of their "cool value"

Ah but see? My husband is not one of those people who feels he has to have the system the second it comes out. We have a PS2 right now and we are very happy. So the PS3 will be released and we'll wait 6 months or a year, and then when all the fanatics are done clammering for it, we'll get ours. And then we also don't have to be searching for games because they have already said that it will be backwards compatible. So I can still play games that I've had for years on it! :)

Ah but see? My husband is not one of those people who feels he has to have the system the second it comes out. We have a PS2 right now and we are very happy. So the PS3 will be released and we'll wait 6 months or a year, and then when all the fanatics are done clammering for it, we'll get ours. And then we also don't have to be searching for games because they have already said that it will be backwards compatible. So I can still play games that I've had for years on it! :)

Same here. Dh wants the PS3 but knows its better to wait. Once the insane push is over they will have better bundles/deals on them anyway. I hardly say this is Sonys fault. They may have been the ones to start it but they were not the ones that made it common and acceptable. That would be the people that are willing to pay some shmo 700$ for a presale ticket and the Shmo selling it. Buying into the have to have it the millasecond it comes out price be da3ned to me is the real culprit

good question:idea: ....

try ebay ;)

Dont expect any until Dec 18. [whispers : thats when stores like BB get their second shipment] I'll keep you updated if the date changes.

Also..depending on where you live, some states have already had their second shipment last weekend. [Fri 2 - Sun 4]

I called our EB and they say they and many others got stiffed on another shipment and won't get anymore before Christmas anyone heard this?

Mara

chances of getting one before the holidays is pretty slim. the ps3 is rumoured for a march release, so it would be in microsoft's best interest to release a good second wave of the 360 in january or february.

The PS3 has supposadly been pushed back till next Christmas is what the video game shows on TV are saying

Mara

Does anyone have these things? My son really want one for Xmas and I really would like to get it for him because he's done so well in school, even won his Technology Fair Contest for out town.

But I cannot for the life of me find one, does anyone have any scoop as to who may have them or who may get some in before Christmas?

Just curious, did you find one for your son??

Guest Daisy Duke

Just curious, did you find one for your son??

No I have not. I'm going to wait until Dec 18th and see what happens. I refuse to pay exhuberant prices that's on ebay, it's not that serious for me. :)

The PS3 has supposadly been pushed back till next Christmas is what the video game shows on TV are saying

Mara

Yeah, that's what I heard too. But, we'll wait. My poor hubby waited for I think it was Grand Turismo 3 for well over a year, with several date changes, so I'm sure he'll be patient and wait for his system. I'd rather let them work out all the kinks then get a junk system that was rushed anyway.