Custom RSS Feed

silfreed

Is it possible to have a custom RSS feed, similar to how you filter on the front page?

Basically, I want to be able to create an RSS feed like, this custom link page:

-- URL removed due to insufficient privs --

Are there plans for "filtered" rss feeds or feeds based on categories?

-Doug

Is it possible to have a custom RSS feed, similar to how you filter on the front page?

Basically, I want to be able to create an RSS feed like, this custom link page:

-- URL removed due to insufficient privs --

Are there plans for "filtered" rss feeds or feeds based on categories?

-Doug

http://www.gottadeal.com/rss2.xml

Ross and especially Brad can answer this better, I subscribe to the link above and visually can see the deals in my Firefox browser before i come to the page. It's not customized but it is an RSS feed of the deal site.

Hope this helps some.

Thanks,

C

Ross and especially Brad can answer this better, I subscribe to the link above and visually can see the deals in my Firefox browser before i come to the page. It's not customized but it is an RSS feed of the deal site.

Yep; I do use that feed, but unfortunately my RSS reader doesn't have any way to filter a feed automatically or I would do it there.

-Doug

Yep; I do use that feed, but unfortunately my RSS reader doesn't have any way to filter a feed automatically or I would do it there.

-Doug

Hi Doug,

I'm not sure this idea gets you where you want to go either, but you can subscribe using Mozilla Thunderbird then you can setup custom filters any way you would like. Although I don't see anything indicating the Catagory in the RSS feed, but it does normally have the store name etc. . . Also by using Mozilla you can sort the feed by date, subject etc. . . from the main view.

to get Mozilla Thunderbird

http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/

Hope this could help. . .

C