GBA SP help please!! About to buy one!

best4less

Ok, so I am about to buy one off of Best Buy's website. I am a little confused though as there are 2 different colors for the same price but the product description is a little different on both of them.

This one says the battery life is good for 13 hours

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7506255&type=product&productCategoryId=cat02166&id=1126592219087

While this one says the battery life is only good for 10 hours

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7440851&type=product&productCategoryId=cat02166&id=1124432397782

Aside from that, I'm not seeing a difference (unless I'm missing something here?) Is the Graphite colored one (the first link with the 13 hour battery life) the "newer" one with the better screen light? As a side note, since I'm posting I might as well ask....any online coupon codes for Bestbuy.com going on right now? TIA! I'm so lost with all these video game things lol.

The graphite one says 13 hours with the backlight on in the "Normal" setting so apparently it has a light adjustment. The SP we have is the older one without adjustments and my DS and DD love them. However my DS upgraded to the Nintendo DS last year and my daugher it going to this year.

Actually, If it were me, I would pay the extra $20 and get the Nintendo DS.

As far as that goes, you can't compare the 2. Yes. the DS has superior graphics, WiFi, etc, BUT the GBA has such a ridiculously massive game library... If you were a fan of SNES you will love the GBA!

I am not a pro on electronics of any sort, but I have bought 3 GBA SPs for my 2 DD & DS. The color is just simply your choice...we have red/blue/silver. As for the hours of play...I have never had a problem with the battery dying. For one, there is a light on the system that will light up & let you know WELL IN ADVANCE when it needs to be charged. I also have invested in a car charger so if we are on the road & the battery gets low...they can just plug it in & keep going. My kid's get a good week out of the GBA SP before they need to recharge it.

My daughter just doesn't like the DS because I don't think she likes the little pen thingy that comes with it and she feels it will be too difficult to use. I don't know. Just following the "wish list" and she wants the SP! lol :)

Alright, I checked a few other sites and I think both the graphite and pearl blue one are the "newer" ones. I think I am just going to go with the graphite. Thanks for the help everyone! :)

My daughter just doesn't like the DS because I don't think she likes the little pen thingy that comes with it and she feels it will be too difficult to use. I don't know. Just following the "wish list" and she wants the SP! lol :)

Alright, I checked a few other sites and I think both the graphite and pearl blue one are the "newer" ones. I think I am just going to go with the graphite. Thanks for the help everyone! :)

I think the one BB has listed is still the old "graphite" since the battery consumption is different.

OK, here is the deal...

http://www.gameboy.com/brighter/

Right around the time Nintendo released the Micro, the re-released the SP with an improved screen and "new" colors. Technically only the Pearl Blue is new, the Graphite was there before.

Thank you for the link! I did end up going with the Pearl Blue (although I think the Graphite is also new- the older black colored one was called "Onyx") but I think she'd like the Pearl Blue better anyway. I think the whole 13 hour thing was just a mistake on Best Buy's behalf as every other site I checked only mentioned 10 hours.

Anyway- its ordered! Thank God because man, that was stressful LOL. Had a GC so I got it for $66.48 shipped. Not too bad. That was the last gift I needed to get her so she is done! Now to get done with my son- ugh!