UPDATED!. Kensington AC/Auto/Air Retractable Adapter - $18

Mike

UPDATE 12/12 This week Circuit City is giving away any (1) smart tip of your choice with the purchase of "Any Kensington power source." Which means you need to bring your receipt back and get your FREE smart tip. You can get them for the Ipod, PDAs, Cell Phones, etc.

In-store only

Circuit City has the Kensington AC/Auto/Air Retractable Adapter on clearance for $18. This baby was originally $120 and can power your laptop at home, in your car, or on an airplane.

The brand/model

KML/33173

I would advise you don't call and just go in if you can.

Yep, over the next few days stores will be changing the tags to reflect the correct price and these will go quickly. Get in there tonight if you can. Also, if your store is out, they can check other stores nearby so you don't have to drive all over.

I showed this to my husband last night and we researched it on CC website and even on Kensington website. Neither website had anything for that model #. I was also wondering if perhaps the model # above was accidentally listed incorrectly. Can someone verify? If you find a link with that item it would even be better.

Thanks

I showed this to my husband last night and we researched it on CC website and even on Kensington website. Neither website had anything for that model #. I was also wondering if perhaps the model # above was accidentally listed incorrectly. Can someone verify? If you find a link with that item it would even be better.

Thanks

Its in-store only and on clearance. For those very reasons, you will not find it at CircuitCity's website or Kensingtons. Try googling it, I have the right brand and model.

You could call CC and ask, but as soon as a computer associate sees the price your chances of getting 1 just decreased a ton.

Guest cantweshare

Just picked one up at the store. The model number on mine says 33173--I don't see any letters. I had to hunt around a little for it. The tag on the shelf said $129 and it rang up for $17.80.

So---what do I do with it now? :D

Actually I bought it for my 16 yo godson for Christmas. He just got a laptop. My own 7 yo son was freaking out when he thought that I was buying something for 129 DOLLARS for his cousin and I don't buy him NOTHIN'. :wife: I just chuckled to myself.

Out of curiousity, I just checked ebay. They're selling there anywhere from $1.30 (auction ends in 8 hours!) to $40 or $50.

You guys better check to make sure it will work with your laptops, i just got one and it wont work with mine:mad:

The same thing happen to me, but according to the Kensington website I need to buy one of those "tips" (about $10) in order to work with mines. So if anyone has a newer laptop check here: http://us.kensington.com/compApp/ktgUSPower.jsp?siteId=2&pageId=9162

to see which tip you need and make sure to check the back of the package to see if it contains it and if it is incompatible with your laptop.

The same thing happen to me, but according to the Kensington website I need to buy one of those "tips" (about $10) in order to work with mines. So if anyone has a newer laptop check here: http://us.kensington.com/compApp/ktgUSPower.jsp?siteId=2&pageId=9162

to see which tip you need and make sure to check the back of the package to see if it contains it and if it is incompatible with your laptop.

Thank you very much for the link.

According to that then the wal mart laptop tip is N9 and included with 33197.

Can anyone that got the 33173,tell us if it came with that tip or not?

Thanks so much.

Thank you very much for the link.

According to that then the wal mart laptop tip is N9 and included with 33197.

Can anyone that got the 33173,tell us if it came with that tip or not?

Thanks so much.

Yes, Mine did come with tip #9

Here are the available smart tips that you can get:

Kensington SmartTip® for Apple® iPod®

Kensington SmartTip® for Polaroid

Kensington SmartTip® for Dell DJ™

Kensington SmartTip® for Audiovox

Kensington SmartTip® for Nintendo Game Boy®

Kensington SmartTip® for Samsung Portable DVD Players

Kensington SmartTip® for Panasonic Portable DVD Players

Kensington SmartTip® for LG® Cell

Kensington SmartTip® for Palm®