Question about Toshiba notebook warranty

FatRocky

ANd I agree that the CC laptop was better but I don't have a CC in my area anymore cause Best Buy killed it when we got that.

Well I guess you didn't have a choice then and that sucks :(

Yes there is a waranty. If you have any issues with the laptop I would call Toshiba NOW and get them addressed and resolved. 90 days is not a lot of time.

Methinks the BB Toshiba buyers were robbed!!! The CC Toshiba has a separate 1 year warranty booklet, 15 pages English, 17 pages Spanish. There are also the Resource Guide/Owner's Manual, an Instruction Manual for Safety and Comfort, and a flotilla of papers for this 'n' that.

Did the BB Toshiba have Microsoft OneNote included or a trial version of Microsoft Office Teacher and Student 2003?

Just curious.....we almost made the decision to buy the BB Tosh and changed our minds on the way to BB/CC.....now glad we did.

You should always keep your sales receipt. That is your proof of purchase, that is what the service center goes by. You may want to see if you can purchase the extended warranty that BB offers. In mose cases if it is not cost effective to repair they replace the unit.

Owners/Users manuals can usually be downloaded from Toshiba's website.

One thing to remember is the store doesn't set the warranty, the manufacturer does. So although the deal at CC might have been better, we can't blame BB. They just carry the product. Plus, I think anyone that gets a laptop without getting an extended warranty/service plan is crazy. A laptop isn't like a desktop where if a part goes you can just buy a replacement. Everything is basically proprietary and built-in. Not to mention the cost to replace the screen, should that go bad. I haven't bought a laptop in about 5 years b/c I've gotten mine replaced under the service plan.