New Forum Software - Post Bugs, Questions, Issues Here

Brad

So here's the new software. There is a lot to explore. Please use this thread to post bugs, questions and problems that you run into.

I strongly suggest you go to your profile and make sure your avatar is showing up (or upload a new one if yours is blank). Also be sure to fill out any personal info (location, etc...) that you'd like to share on your profile page. Some of the old info was lost in the conversion.

• Like 1

I like to read the post from newest to oldest, can we change our settings somewhere to reflect that?

Like when viewing a thread? I didn't even know that was an option on the old board. I'll look into it.

yes, I marked something when I signed up that I could read threads from the newest post to oldest, it was a nice feature

Looks like there is an option, but it's on a forum-wide basis, so everyone would have to view threads that way.

I can most likely custom code something that would turn it on for you only, so give me a few days to iron out any bugs that come up with the rest of the board and then I'll work on it for you :)

yes, I marked something when I signed up that I could read threads from the newest post to oldest, it was a nice feature

Looks like there is an option, but it's on a forum-wide basis, so everyone would have to view threads that way.

I can most likely custom code something that would turn it on for you only, so give me a few days to iron out any bugs that come up with the rest of the board and then I'll work on it for you :)

cool, its nice to not have to go to the end of the thread to read the newest post

• Like 2

If a thread has new posts since your last visit, it'll have a dot (or star if you've posted in that thread) next to the thread title when viewing the forum. If you click that dot, it'll automatically take you to the first unread post in that thread.
  • Like 1

One "issue" you may notice is a bunch of your old PMs appearing as "new" in the list. You can quickly select all and mark them read to get them out of your new folder.

This new forum has a more advanced PM system so older messages will look a little different.

Is this all white page normal? It is so white that it is messing with my eyes and the font is not right. I had no problems before, but this is awful.

Can you be more specific or post a screenshot?

I'm on the app and am having a few issues.

Quotes are showing in HTML form. Threads are reading from oldest to newest (for example: page 1 instead of 745 of Random Thoughts). When I click on the newer pages, it says 'Page Does Not Exist'

I just sent an e-mail to our app developer to see if there are changes that they need to make on their end with the new forum software.

Is there a way to turn on "spell check"? - it used to underline misspelled words when I was writing a post - but now does not.

I think the spell check is a function of your browser, not the forum software itself. Which browser are you using?

None of the posts that I started under "Start new Topic" in the online hot deals are showing under "my posts" - nor are they showing any hits - am I pressing the wrong button to post in the Online Hot Deals>

Are they under "my threads"? I believe the posts is for replies and threads is for threads you create. They show up for me on your user profile page.

The hits were set to update every 3 hours to save server resources, but I just changed it to update the # of views immediately, so that should be fixed now.

I can not see any stock avatars.  Do they need to be original now?

Yep, you'll need to either upload a pic from your computer or enter a URL for another image you see.

Eventually I'll put up a page with all the old stock ones in case anyone wants to use one of the old ones, but until I get time to do that you are on your own, so find something creative and original :)

Firefox. It worked in the past, though.

Try this: type some text in a reply (don't post it yet), then highlight it and right-click. Make sure "Check Spelling" is selected. Also click "Languages" and make sure "English" is selected. That worked for me and it's now working in FF (it wasn't before).

Apparently it's an issue with Firefox more than anything on the forum.

Did I miss the "Mark All Forums Read" button? I see where to do it on each individual forum.

Yeah this one annoys me too. It's way at the bottom of every page (called "Mark Community Read"). I'm going to try to get another link somewhere near the top of every page.

Anyone notice the "Spammers Stopped" counter at the bottom of the forum home page? 41 right now. The anti-spam tools are another reason why I wanted to make the switch. I know the changes will be jarring for a few days/weeks just like the last time we had a big upgrade, but it'll be worth it.

I'm having lots of trouble with the app.

Yeah I already commented about that earlier in this thread. I e-mailed the developer of our apps to have them change their settings for the new forum, so we're waiting on them.

In the meantime, the new board has a pretty decent mobile version.

Try this: type some text in a reply (don't post it yet), then highlight it and right-click. Make sure "Check Spelling" is selected. Also click "Languages" and make sure "English" is selected. That worked for me and it's now working in FF (it wasn't before).

Apparently it's an issue with Firefox more than anything on the forum.

Thanks - works like a charm! :)