Buying ahead of time...getting adjustment? BEWARE!

ColleenzKids

I was thrilled to walk into Target Wednesday night and purchase the air hockey table and three video chairs for my boys.

A relief to get them..since I was going to Walmart first.

And also, more room for my Black Friday purchases.

I went to Kmart second, and of course, they didn't have ANY of the weight benches/weights they advertized! SURPRISE SURPISE, not! (I hate KMART!)

As I am standing in line for a raincheck, that will never be fulfilled, I see a sign:

Any purchases made prior to 11/24 and 11/25 will not be price adjusted on these days. (Thanksgiving and Black Friday)

ACK! I was so worried Target would pull the same thing! But, I got my $108 back without a problem.

What if all the stores start to do this!!???

Purchases made prior to 12/24 and 12/25 will not be price adjusted on what days? If they won't price adjust, you could just return the item with your receipt and then buy it again at the new price. However, I wonder if they are talking about items that will be on clearance following Christmas and they will not price adjust those, which I completely understand.

I was thrilled to walk into Target Wednesday night and purchase the air hockey table and three video chairs for my boys.

A relief to get them..since I was going to Walmart first.

And also, more room for my Black Friday purchases.

I went to Kmart second, and of course, they didn't have ANY of the weight benches/weights they advertized! SURPRISE SURPISE, not! (I hate KMART!)

As I am standing in line for a raincheck, that will never be fulfilled, I see a sign:

Any purchases made prior to 12/24 and 12/25 will not be price adjusted on these days.

ACK! I was so worried Target would pull the same thing! But, I got my $108 back without a problem.

What if all the stores start to do this!!???

Does this mean they will be open on the 25th with sales? If so I can see why. Who wants to work retail Christmas Day? Com'on K-Mart give your Employees a break! One day won't pull you out of bankruptcy.

I'm with ya on Kmart. I went yesterday to get the 14.99 sewing machine for my grandma. Got there just after opening with seven cars in the lot. Went back to find them and were informed that the ONE they had in stock was already taken and that they gave no rainchecks. Like you, I wasn't surprised.

I pulled mine off at walmart. I got 3 gameboys begining of November (not knowing yet that they would be on sale BF), well BF I bought 3 more took them to the car, got previous ones out of car went to customer service. I dont know if u would call this a price match, but I made a price adjustment!

I'm with ya on Kmart. I went yesterday to get the 14.99 sewing machine for my grandma. Got there just after opening with seven cars in the lot. Went back to find them and were informed that the ONE they had in stock was already taken and that they gave no rainchecks. Like you, I wasn't surprised.

Don't they realize if they don't stock these sale items better that they are losing your business and everyone you tell about it's business also?? Get a clue Kmart!