All Wal-marts should do this...

lalam

My mom and I arrived at Circuit City around 1:45am to find about 100 people already in line. We knew we wouldn't be getting a laptop there. Since we were already up, we decided to go to Walmart and see how it looked. We walked back to electronics and were told the laptops would be in sporting goods. We got in line (#21 and 22 for 60 laptops) and took turns going to find the items on sale in other stores. We got the Kodak camera that CC was selling for 179 and the Leapfrog Gym Kmart had for 20. They price matched both items. (The only thing I didn't realize was to bring the ads with me. Fortunately we had the CC one and I found a really nice lady in line that gave me her Kmart ad.) We were also able to get all the toy pallet items we needed since they wouldn't ring up on sale until 5 anyway. Around 3:30 they passed out papers with numbers on them. Then they brought the computers out and put them behind the sporting goods counter at about 4:30. At 5 they began distributing them from behind the counter. They had 2 registers there and you had to pay before it was handed to you. It was not a free for all. It went so smoothly. We then went and checked out the rest of our items. I was back in my car at 5:35 and made it to Toys R Us just in time for their 6 am opening. I quickly ran in and price adjusted the items I bought the day before Thanksgiving. I could have been back in bed by 6:30 (but of course I had to hit the mall). All Wal-marts should take a lesson from the one I went to in Ft. Myers, Fl. Way to go! Thank you so much for all the tips I got on this site. I can't wait until next year!

They sound really organized.

Our electronics dept didn't seem to know what they would be handing out. People hunted for the videonows but couldnt find them. And there were several upset.

They ended up in the electronics dept because there was a limited supply. Yet the portable dvd players ended up in the toy dept. :cheesy: Go figure..lol.

But our group ended up with everything we came for so we all left happy. :gd_purple