Compliments to BB, Polaris, Columbus, Ohio, also Staples

ks8wku8g

OK, my wife and daughter were at Best Buy on Polaris, Columbus, Ohio. Remember, we did not receive the ad with the doorbusters. However, employees came out and gave out certificates to those in line wanting the eMachines/monitor at $149 (and I believe the laptop), even though they were not in our ad! They also gave out free coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts. Nice, since temps were in the single digits. Sorry, but they were to far back to get the eMachines.

At Staples at Sawmill/161 is where my other daughter and I were. Much less crowd, maybe 150 people. They let the early arrivers to come into the vestibule area, as it was very cold. Still cold, but much better and no wind. They gave out maps, and had a route of tables with the specials set-up through the store. It was generally orderly, got everything we wanted, and was out (including check-out) in 10 minutes!

Our compliments to both:greenappl

On the other side, I got several buises at the CompUSA on Sawmill in Columbus. No security, 400-500 people, and they rushed the door, ignoring the lines. Then crushed people in their way to get to the hard drive shelf. It was scarey for a few moments.:cry2:

What time did they line up at Best Buy? Last year, someone was in the Dispatch for being the first in line at around 11pm at Polaris. (and this person didn't even know what he wanted, as per the paper)

With no doorbusters in the ad, they may have had an easier time.

Heard they were in line around 11 PM, but my wife didn't arrive until around 4PM (not expecting they would honor the computer price). They apparently came out around 3PM and handed out the vouchers. We were all in line at CompUSA at 11 PM.

WBNS 10-TV was at Best Buy doing some video.