I guess 9:30 PM wasn't so ridiculous after all...

DragonSlayer1500

So, I arrived with 5 friends at Best Buy approximately 9:30 PM and WOW...it was really freakin' cold outside. We were FIRST in line. However, not 5 minutes after we got out in line, the next group of people came. After surviving the cold/drinking 3 cups of Starbuck's White Chocolate Latte's and watching a movie on a friend's laptop, the employees started arriving. By this time, 2:30 AM, the line was a good 100+ people long. They started handing out tickets for items at a little after 3:30 AM.

That's when the chaos started, people started getting out of cars and cutting straight towards the front part of the line. I had nothing to worry about as we were in the VERY front and there was no way they were going to be able to get in front of us. However, our Best Buy IMMEDIATELY took control of the situation. A manager yelled for everyone in the line to get single file against the wall and anyone not there will be taken to the back of the line. They then had employees spaced every 10 feet or so to make sure that no more cutting took place. Our Best Buy had 40 of the E-Machines and 12 of the laptops. I got a laptop ticket and e-machines ticket as well as having a friend grab an e-machines ticket for me. We then discussed strategey for getting the non-ticketed items.

One of us went for the DVD+R's/CD-R's, one of us went for the DVD Recorders, another for the Computer games, one for the digital cameras, one for the computer hardware and me for the MP3 players. Everyone of us ended up getting what we came for which was definitely due to careful planning and a good strategy.

Me personally, I brought home a Sandisk 512MB MP3 Player, 1GB flash drive, 75 DVD+R's/25CD-R's, and 2 of the $150 e-Machines all of which will be on EBay by the end of the day. And I ended up "being nice" and giving my laptop ticket away as opposed to selling it.

So, that's my story, despite the freezing weather I endured for 8 hours, I hope to profit between $350-$450 dollars.

Dude, next year we'll probably be camping at 8:30 lol. It'll be worth it. Thank God that damn Starbucks is open 24 hours. If it wasn't we would of been really screwed. I got frostbit on my nose and on part of a finger. OH well it'll be gone in a few days/weeks, however long it lasts. Next year, some kind of heater and a lawn chairs. Did you see Menards when you drove by? They were parked in the freaking grass, and thats a big flippin parking lot. Wonder what they had on sale that attracted so many people?

We arrived at Best Buy at 10p.m. and there were already at least 30 people ahead of us. Next year, I am also pushing my time forward. I did not like being so far back in the line. The thought of not getting my stuff was too much. I was informed about what could possibly happen, but was thinking no one else would be thinking about the same items as me. I was also thinking most islanders are so cool and laid back, they'd never be outside of the store acting a fool, BIG MISTAKE.

Dude, next year we'll probably be camping at 8:30 lol. It'll be worth it. Thank God that damn Starbucks is open 24 hours. If it wasn't we would of been really screwed. I got frostbit on my nose and on part of a finger. OH well it'll be gone in a few days/weeks, however long it lasts. Next year, some kind of heater and a lawn chairs. Did you see Menards when you drove by? They were parked in the freaking grass, and thats a big flippin parking lot. Wonder what they had on sale that attracted so many people?

Damn dude...that sucks. I can't believe you got frost bit, lol. I got a touch of it on my hand but apparently it goes away fairly quickly. Mine's faded out noticeably already. I didn't pay attention to Menard's though. And yeah, I agree, we're havin' heater/chairs/and other stuff next year.