what do you think is 1 am early enough ?

blackfridayadd

Guest lolwtfbbq

yeah, should be early enough. :) hehe

im driving by at 8 pm. if no one is there, ill drive back by at 10. no one there, ill come back at 11. i WILL BE FIRST. or at least top 10.

is 12 am early enough for the WM hP nootbook?

That's a tough one because the HP laptop will be even MORE popular due to the CNN/NYTimes coverage and other media attention.

Some people are lining up between 8-10PM which is insane. So it depends on your city, the Walmart stores location and even weather.

is 12 am early enough for the WM hP nootbook?

Try 10 pm [depends on your location]

There's only one Walmart besides going to NJ .. i think ,not really sure if any are in the city. You can assume how many ppl will be there...100s..1000s...They need to build more walmart here in NYC.

That's a tough one because the HP laptop will be even MORE popular due to the CNN/NYTimes coverage and other media attention.

Some people are lining up between 8-10PM which is insane. So it depends on your city, the Walmart stores location and even weather.

Yeah, weather here is going to play a huge part I think. Wind gusts up to 40 MPH today and our Wal-Mart building will not protect the line from the wind. Best Buy however, will prove to be a windbreaker and I'm very grateful for that.

geez... i guess i will be there at 10-11pm.

I just drove by and chatted with the 4 gals sitting infront of the Circuit City. It was 3 pm here and it opens at 5 am and those girls are already waiting. I am thinking I may not try and buy anything this year... I am gonna go sit in front of Best Buy for as long as I can and then sell my spot in line for $50. or $100. (depends on the line) all becuase I can't find a shopping buddy in NW Phoenix.:rolleyes:

im heading to bestbuy at 2am. The cold air is starting to move in already and the wind is picking up. By 2am they said would be like 17 with winds of 20mph+, so i dont think many ppl are going to be out in line in that unless they are asking for frostbite:tongue1:

I just drove by and chatted with the 4 gals sitting infront of the Circuit City. It was 3 pm here and it opens at 5 am and those girls are already waiting. I am thinking I may not try and buy anything this year... I am gonna go sit in front of Best Buy for as long as I can and then sell my spot in line for $50. or $100. (depends on the line) all becuase I can't find a shopping buddy in NW Phoenix.:rolleyes:

What would you guess the approximate age of them are? It's been my experience that the "truly hardcore" BF shoppers tend to be younger and more willing to endure the cold/discomfort to save/make money.

Just curious

What would you guess the approximate age of them are? It's been my experience that the "truly hardcore" BF shoppers tend to be younger and more willing to endure the cold/discomfort to save/make money.

Just curious

Ahhh you are correct... They are in their late teens to early 20's I would say.

I guess I don't want to wait in line all night to wait in line all morning to purchase something inexpensively that I don't really want like the Plasma's they are offering or the Laptops. BUT if I wanted the stuff badly I would have parked the car and sat down with the gals at Circuit City already. Thats only 14 hours, I did 15.5 on the 21st....

For CC yes that should be early enough.

For BB or Walmart, that's cutting it close.

It looked to me like the circuit city Toshiba L25...was better than the BB one and was only $80. more.... I would rather be at CC if I needed a laptop:) plus I am still mad at Walmart cause of the Xbox 360 lottery they decided to pull after I sat there for 8.5 hours......gggrrrrrrr:mad:

It looked to me like the circuit city Toshiba L25...was better than the BB one and was only $80. more.... I would rather be at CC if I needed a laptop:) plus I am still mad at Walmart cause of the Xbox 360 lottery they decided to pull after I sat there for 8.5 hours......gggrrrrrrr:mad:

You have the right idea. The CC laptop is better and their lines will be shorter than BB.

So what's the problem?

Try 10 pm [depends on your location]

There's only one Walmart besides going to NJ .. i think ,not really sure if any are in the city. You can assume how many ppl will be there...100s..1000s...They need to build more walmart here in NYC.

1 Walmart???? :confused: OH MY GO NOW GO NOW:mischievo

3pm at CC! Wow! L:ast year we were the first there, St Louis, at 2:30 am. This year I was thinking of backing it up to 8pm and doing a 1/2 drive by. We are trying to get people to go to BB for us. But, the laptop and desktop are so good at CC. wow! 3pm. Where is that? My broither is stuck on his xbox 360 so I'm hoping to drag him out at 12:00am

You have the right idea. The CC laptop is better and their lines will be shorter than BB.

So what's the problem?

The 4 gals already lined up...what if they only have 4??? lol Plus, hubby doesn't want a laptop,:slapcry: he wants a plasma tv and the ones he wants aren't on sale so I am actually looking for an excuse to even GO shopping.... I am jonesing to score an awesome deal....:bounce_fl That's why I am threatening to just go sit in front of a store and let someone buy my spot :D

3pm at CC! Wow! L:ast year we were the first there, St Louis, at 2:30 am. This year I was thinking of backing it up to 8pm and doing a 1/2 drive by. We are trying to get people to go to BB for us. But, the laptop and desktop are so good at CC. wow! 3pm. Where is that? My broither is stuck on his xbox 360 so I'm hoping to drag him out at 12:00am

Glendale AZ