GAME BOY help needed!!!!

kdblev

The gameboy SP has the better backlit screen. The Advanced and color units have to have a little overhead light that you plug into them to view the screen better.

We've had our SP since its game out and it works great.

// War Eagle //

Guest superdomino83

I checked at Walmart today and an associate told me that only the regular gameboy SP's would be on sale for $50. The newer ones with the brighter backlight will still be $80. This means that if you wanted to buy one before BF and get the difference payed back during the sale hours you would not get anything back if you bought the newer one with the brighter light. Like marbraby said, the "version" is specified on the box.

Supposedly the purpose of the sale is to move the older SP's with the regular backlight off the shelves.

Guest superdomino83
By the way, if you're looking for one of the brighter SP's on sale, target should be selling them for about $68 with a mario game. I think they might even give you a raincheck if they run out.

The GBA SPs that Walmart will be selling for $50 are the red/black/blue/platinum older versions. The newer SPs with the "brighter backlit" screens only come in Pearl blue and Graphite (black).

Thanks for pointing that out. When I ask a SA today he was so new he was clueless. The one at Target is a good deal because you know for sure it has the new brighter screen.

Guest general41391
A lot of you misunderstood what she was saying. Nintendo released v.2 of the GameBoy Advance SP with a better screen. It will tell you on the box. I'm guessing if Wal-mArt doesnt say it, then maybe they wont do it. i mean they are already givin you a realllly good deal

A lot of you misunderstood what she was saying. Nintendo released v.2 of the GameBoy Advance SP with a better screen. It will tell you on the box. I'm guessing if Wal-mArt doesnt say it, then maybe they wont do it. i mean they are already givin you a realllly good deal

Yes; a lot of people misunderstood, but the question was answered. It will be the "older" GBA SP models without the brighter backlit screen.

-Mark-

The special at Target that i was able to get on Tuesday is with the newer back lit screen at least that what the box says and it came with a game and a case and car charger for $68 and change. A better deal than the WM one IMO.

I bought my $68 bundle at Target this morning. I read your post about getting one early and ran out there. And yes, they are ringing up for that price. It says on the box about new brighter screen