Cutting in Line?

pebbles

Last year I was in line at Target for a bit, then realized that they would be letting people in through both entrances. So I was first in line at the other entrance 5 minutes before they opened doors. Always look for another door.

I feel bad for the people that had been waiting there for 2 hours though, since I was just some kid that walked up 30 minutes before and got in the store the same time as they did.

Cutting in one line sucks though.

Guest cantweshare

Cut in front of me and this could be me and you -->:smiley_nu

saturnboy01, Where will you be camping out. We can work together! I hate cutters! In San Antonio as well. :)

We have always done this, no one ever seems to mind. This is not technically the same thing as saving a place for hours for someone to show up 15 minutes before the doors open. My 12 and 17yr olds have this as a plan to take turns in the car and in line.

Well, I hope you guys that are saying this dont plan on switching with people to warm up in your cars. i know someone said they didnt mind that, but the rest of you....Because, technically, its the same thing.

That aways happens and most people expect it. they don't like it but tey expect it. However, I always try to get within the first few. I am a big CC and BB person. There is a difference between people who cut in line and people who are switching off. I am generally there 6 to 7 hours before so it is a MUST to switch off. But, generally @ 3 hours b4 the store opens everyone is there.

I think of it like this. If there are 4 of us and 2 need to use the bathroom, get us something to eat or get warm in the car for a sec. What's the problem? Bevcause I've been at stores where people step out to go use the restroom and even though they asked someone to hold their space they can't get back in. ridiculous.

there's a huge difference between 3 people and 10+. But to solve it all. PLEASE be in the first 10 to 15. You'll find it's worth it. Make friends of the people around you and tell them exactly how many people there are with you...and u should be ok. Good Luck!

If they've ALL been there, and taking turns warming up or something...maybe. I brave it the whole time and I dont need my car to warm up.

I dont take kindly to people cutting. I threaten with mace.

and you'll go to jail when you use it

tip: never threaten anything that you are not planning to do, ie. you threaten mace the other guy stabs you with a knife

you threaten with a knife and the other guy pulls out a gun

if you don't act quickly, your dead over a sale on a tv

If it's to cold to wait in line 5 hours don't show up that early. Show up when you think you can stand it. Unless you park your car in the line (please don't) if you get out of line to go sit in it, when you return you should go to the end of the line. Period. All you people create by doing that is a line 2 days before the store even opens.

Chick Fila and a few other store prevent that by doing line checks. If you ain't in the line when they call your name, your name is off the list and you go to the back.

I'm not saying anything bad about switching. I'm saying all the people should quit complaining. What if, when you get in line, there are 5 people in front of you. Come to find out, they have friends who went for food. They come back and there are 8 people in front of you. Do you get mad? I'm just making a point. like I said, as long as you o not walk up 5 minutes before the door opens "pretending" to know someone, I dont mind.

Ok, so this is our first *big* event for BF, we are headed to BB for a computer and MP3 player there will be a total of 4 of us.....if we all get out and are in line to begin with and say a couple hours into it my DH and sister have to pee or have a smoke we shouldn't expect them to come back into line with us? I would like to know now so there won't be any trouble come Friday morning.

Ok, so this is our first *big* event for BF, we are headed to BB for a computer and MP3 player there will be a total of 4 of us.....if we all get out and are in line to begin with and say a couple hours into it my DH and sister have to pee or have a smoke we shouldn't expect them to come back into line with us? I would like to know now so there won't be any trouble come Friday morning.

If they have been in line the WHOLE time and leave to take a RR break or a smoke break away from the crowd for a few that would be okay I think. We are talking about 1 person in line then calling his 10 friends up at like 30 mins before store opens and his friends get there and cut to the front. That will NOT fly on BF. Trust me. Someone will get hurt over cutting. :2football

I don't think most people mind if someone who has been in line needs a brief break - to warm up, fill up or empty out. But when someone takes off for more than an hour - that doesn't go over well.

When someone who has been in line is joined by a spouse or A friend, (like Kenzysmom) unless they take coupons for the best items, I don't think most people mind - but the problem is, who knows if they ARE going to take coupons or grab other good stuff??

2nd door? As long as you're not able to purchase "doorbusters" or coupon items - then that's just your strategy - others would be wise to consider it.

I can't believe that it's not even BF and everyone is already so angry. I thought the whole point of this is to have fun. I think this year I will be taking turns staying warm in the car with the people I go with. Two years my sister stayed in the car awhile then joined me about 15 minutes before the doors opened. Nobody had a problem with that. It was so cold that everyone tried to huddle together to stay warm. Maybe it's because of where we live. I have noticed when I travel to other areas attitudes change.

I won't even run back to the car to put my blanket up( while my sister waits). I guess I will carry it into the store with me. I would come back with a mob after me( even though I was there first. I am always one of the first 5 in line.) I seen two women get into a fist fight last year. One was a rough looking woman who really looked like a man. The other one was the kind that didn't want to break her nail. She scratched alot. It lasted about 2 min. Some man ran up to them and broke it up.

While I was in Sears, I noticed one was in line right behind the other at the check out. ( by the way, The man/woman was winning !!)

Maybe this year, I will bring my camera !!