Just got back from CC

xslicricx

I made a practice run into my CC today to get used to where things are. This is the new one they just built after all. I talked to an associate who told me that they had "at least" 30 of the laptops and that they were doing tickets for it. All in all not too bad just two more freakin days.

I made a practice run into my CC today to get used to where things are. This is the new one they just built after all. I talked to an associate who told me that they had "at least" 30 of the laptops and that they were doing tickets for it. All in all not too bad just two more freakin days.

Location?

Also in regards to the "ticket system" is it a lottery or a raffel? I hear some stores are doing raffels this year.

Lottery would be first come first serve.

Roanoke Virginia I'll be out there at midnight I'm not taking any chances. And by ticket system I mean it's like BBs where you get the ticket and go and get your item only if you have the ticket. I did take my camera with me if there was anything worth taking pictures of but there really wasn't.

so..:gd_detect .. you actually ran through the store

Raffels would suck. Imagine someone waited for 5 hours, and that person loses to another person that arrives at 5am.

I think some stores are using or thinking about using raffle systems because they feel that the camping out in really really long lines thing has gotten a little bit out of control. IF it were to be announced in advance, it MIGHT also cut down on some of the line issues. If it is just implemented without warning, obviously it would invite chaos.

I went to Circuit City last night. I spoke with the operations manager!! He was bending down examining how some items were placed on the bottom rows in the video games so I didn't know until the middle of the conversation that he was a manager.

He said they are doing the tickets this year. He was also confirming some of the items that were on my list. I was telling him about this site and how they already had the ad on here. He said he had heard of the BF sites and I told him exactly which one I belonged to. Then he asked me what were some of the items that were on my list? I started out with the 32" RCA tv for $199 and he said "uh huh, I'm not saying anything but uh huh". So without literally saying the word yes he was telling me I was right about it. Then he brought up the $199 Laptop. He said they would begin handing out tickets at around 4 am (opens at 5). Then I went on a hunt for all the items I wanted. I found most of them but there was one or two that I couldn't find. But, my CC usually comes out about 30 min. before the store opens and hands out a map showing where all the big items are. But for the most part I already have my route mapped out!! It was so funny to cause I went around looking for all the items after I talked to him and EVERYONE who worked there was staring at me by the time I left. There was a big group of employees around him later so I guess he told everyone about our conversation. :D