Michaels extra 90% off red tag clearance

kathytheshopper

Some super cheap stuff!! It's only the red tagged stuff-most have a square red sticker on them besides the clearance price tag. I got some beautiful scrapbooks for .99. They were 19.99 on clearance for 9.99 so they were .99. Lots of jewelry stuff too. Some wedding invites, american girl stickers, craft stuff, etc... I'm sure it varies by store. Oh, those packs of mixed Jolee stickers that have been on clearance FOREVER were less than a $1.00 a bag. Good deal for those.

Some super cheap stuff!! It's only the red tagged stuff-most have a square red sticker on them besides the clearance price tag. I got some beautiful scrapbooks for .99. They were 19.99 on clearance for 9.99 so they were .99. Lots of jewelry stuff too. Some wedding invites, american girl stickers, craft stuff, etc... I'm sure it varies by store. Oh, those packs of mixed Jolee stickers that have been on clearance FOREVER were less than a $1.00 a bag. Good deal for those.

Thanks so much for this heads up! My Michaels store also had grab bags, which were actually boxes, for $2, and I scored a bunch of great stuff. The jewelry stuff was 70%, but there was tons of stuff at 90% off!

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of stuff I got -this is just the 90% & 70% stuff I bought.

The grab bag boxes I selected went straight to the storage, so my hubby wouldn't get upset with me bringing too much home at once. Most of the stuff in one of the grab boxes was Christmas - lots of gem stickers, a ceramic Santa figure, and a bunch of scented candles, another was full of craft & fabric paints (I figure some of those might be pretty old, but hey - it was only $2 for a bankers box full of them!), and the last was seasonal scrapbooking supplies.

SO --- Don't neglect the grab bags if your store does them - there are often some great treasures in them. My cutting board (which retailed for $19.99) I found in a grab bag last spring. You can peek in the grab bags to select which ones you want. At least my store doesn't mind me doing it!

Yes, you can get some good stuff in those grab bags. I missed all the Christmas ones because I was sick for over a week. I didn't notice any there today although the rack with all the clearance jewelry was gone. Maybe they grab bagged and sold them already!

Maybe not - I went back to my store tonight, and all the clearance jewelry stuff was put back on the endcaps in the scrabooking/beading area, and they had stopped the additional 70% off. (So, just selling at what they were marked.) All the 90% off was gone - I suspect it either got bagged up for grab bags and already sold, or they will be putting bags out in the next few days. Either way, I really don't NEED to go get anything, so I am going to TRY to keep myself from going there unless I really HAVE to get something. (I admit it - am a bargain shopping & craft addict!! :blush:)

Oh well, it was fun, and I am going to make some great craft baskets to be raffled off at my Service Unit's Girl Scout Leader end-of-the year event, As well as make some little Leader gifts for each of them. (I volunteered to help with the Adult recognitions this year.)

Maybe not - I went back to my store tonight, and all the clearance jewelry stuff was put back on the endcaps in the scrabooking/beading area, and they had stopped the additional 70% off. (So, just selling at what they were marked.) All the 90% off was gone - I suspect it either got bagged up for grab bags and already sold, or they will be putting bags out in the next few days. Either way, I really don't NEED to go get anything, so I am going to TRY to keep myself from going there unless I really HAVE to get something. (I admit it - am a bargain shopping & craft addict!! :blush:)

Oh well, it was fun, and I am going to make some great craft baskets to be raffled off at my Service Unit's Girl Scout Leader end-of-the year event, As well as make some little Leader gifts for each of them. (I volunteered to help with the Adult recognitions this year.)

I understand! I thought they might not have bagged it yet either, but, like you, I need to just stay away 'cause it's too easy to buy too much!