Gift Ideas for a Male Teacher

elena_398

My son this year has a male teacher. I am at a total loss as to what to buy him. Through my son he has told me he collects GI JOE figures (??!!) but I won't go there! He doesn't drink coffee or tea (ruined my one idea) so not sure now. I do know hes engaged as I met his fiance the other day at teacher conferences (she was bringing him food). At Walmart the other day, I saw those novelty gift packs they have. It was a popcorn one. Had pop corn boxes, kernels, etc. Is that tacky if I bought a $10 or so GC to a movie theatre? I dont want to end up spending tons, but he is my son's all time favorite teacher and I work with him during the week. (I tutor kids in the classroom 3 times a week when needed). Any ideas?

I think a small gc to a movie, fast food, book store, etc...would be very nice. If you want, you could make it a small basket--Blockbuster card, micro popcorn and a couple of sodas; bookstore card, cocoa packet and a bookmark; Walmart or Office Depot with some colored pens, post-its and Purell....you get the idea.

My brother is a (single) teacher and would love any of the things I mentioned above. He spends a lot of his own money on classroom items and special things for the kids...a small gift card allows him to spend (guilt free) on himself. He would also appreciate a handwritten (or drawn) note of thanks from the student.

Is there a local deli or restaurant that delivers to the school? (Ask another staff member--it is the dirty little secret in the faculty lounge!) Perhaps a small gift card that would allow a lunch or two to be delivered?

I hope you are enjoying this year. Male teachers (esp. in elementary school) are a rare bird--we have been fortunate enough to have 2 male teachers for my son. I think it is great that little boys can see that men can be smart and nurturing and still be men....

I am a teacher. We do secret pals at our school. My secret pal is a male this year. Yes, it is difficult sometimes. Many teachers play instrument music in class and can always use another CD. A Wal-Mart is also good. The gift certificate idea to a restaurant is good too. Most teachers like to keep a supply of snacks. A basket filled with snacks is good too. Hope these ideas help.

Guest general41391

I am a teacher. We do secret pals at our school. My secret pal is a male this year. Yes, it is difficult sometimes. Many teachers play instrument music in class and can always use another CD. A Wal-Mart is also good. The gift certificate idea to a restaurant is good too. Most teachers like to keep a supply of snacks. A basket filled with snacks is good too. Hope these ideas help.

lol good ideas! Teachers love them, most of my family are teachers...like 10 people including my dad!

My son has a male teacher. I was thinking of getting a GC for Blockbuster, some "movie theatre" snacks and something else(??) in a basket for him. Last year we gave him a mug with candy and homemade cookies....I know, not very creative but we were on a budget and it was so last minute! lol

My son has a male teacher. I was thinking of getting a GC for Blockbuster, some "movie theatre" snacks and something else(??) in a basket for him. Last year we gave him a mug with candy and homemade cookies....I know, not very creative but we were on a budget and it was so last minute! lol

I think gift baskets are a fab idea! Although they sometimes end up costing more than a gift, they are fun.