$50 off $100 Purchase with MASTERCARD Only w/ Coupon @ Bestbuy 1/21/13-1/27/13

hack2222

Coupon

http://image.emailinfo2.bestbuy.com/lib/fef41d77766c04/m/43/13729-2_MasterCardPromo_Coupon_final.pdf

1 To qualify for the discount, MasterCard must be used on a purchase of $100 or greater. Coupon excludes the following:

Home Theater: Bose® audio products; Polk Audio; Denon; Boston Acoustics; select Samsung home audio, TVs, Blu-ray DVD players; Sony

home audio & headphones, TVs & 3D glasses, Blu-ray players, DVD players & set top boxes; Magnolia Products: Samsung TVs and Blu-ray

players, Sony TVs, Blu-ray players and projectors, Sharp 90” TVs, Epson projectors, URC, Sennheiser, Sonance, Bowers & Wilkins, MartinLogan,

McIntosh, Oppo and SpeakerCraft Audio and special order merchandise; Portable Electronics: Apple® iPods and Bose products;Digital

Imaging: Sony camcorders, digital cameras, NEX cameras, DSLR cameras, lenses & flashes; Nikon DSLR & compact system cameras, lenses

& flashes & P510; GoPro cameras; Phones: no-contract phones, broadband and airtime cards on all carriers, no contract airtime cards;

gaming hardware; Pacific Sales products; Geek Squad®: C.O.D. Geek Squad services.

Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including

store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be

presented at time of purchase.

MasterCard is not the sponsor of nor shall have liability for this promotion.

Cashier Instructions: Scan coupon UPC for $50 off. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press “Total.” Write “VOID” on coupon and place in

register coupon media file.

BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design and BESTBUY.COM are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER is a

trademark of Magnolia Hi-Fi Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are property of their respective owners. © 2013 BBY Solutions, Inc. All

rights reserved. MasterCard® and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

wow! thanks! so i need two xbox live 12 month memberships. can i use this on those? that would be an AWESOME deal!

I believe they limited the coupon to yesterday only, there was some BIG problems with the language on the coupon and by the end of the day, they said it had to be one item over $100 and no GCs but you can try it out today and see what they say. I personally believe that if you send out a coupon and it doesn't have all these restrictions on it, you should honor it. I guess there wasn't any restrictions on GC nor any language about the item having to be over $100 and the managers were having to override the coupon all day then corp came down with "NEW" rules for the coupon....this was a legit one sent in emails from BB

I went in yesterday, late afternoon, and the clerk said "these aren't working". I asked him to try it anyway, and sure enough it went thru. Each transaction had to be rung separately. I bought a couple gift cards and am kicking myself for not picking up 2 more. Vday presents taken care of but wish I had the foresight to have taken care of Fathers Day too. Oh well. I would be surprised if they honored the coupon now (it's all over the news online about the retraction) but if I had time to kill and was in the neighborhood, I would try. The worst they can do is say "no". Keep us posted if anyone tries.

Just got this from BB:

Dear ____

Earlier this week, you and other select customers received a special promotion from Best Buy that was connected to your MasterCard®. That targeted coupon was inaccurate and sent in error. The offer is no longer valid. We sincerely apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience we have caused you. We hope to serve you better in the future.

Thank you,

Lisa Smith

Vice President

Best Buy Customer Care

How come it is still there when I click on the link? If I've printed it, do you know whether they will accept it? I don't want to waste my time going into the store if they aren't going to take it.

Did you try to use it?

as soon as i found the link, i did a little more research as my closest BB is 45 minutes away. i told the kids to pack up and we we gonna go, then i went to another site and saw the retraction that BB had made. i went to the BB website and sure enough, they said it was an error and said they were not accepting any of the q's and it was a one day thing. as i did more research later i saw that people were just racking up on gift cards. some lady bought $2600 worth of amazon and itunes cards for $1300. yes, that's correct she had spent over a thousand dollars.

as soon as i found the link, i did a little more research as my closest BB is 45 minutes away. i told the kids to pack up and we we gonna go, then i went to another site and saw the retraction that BB had made. i went to the BB website and sure enough, they said it was an error and said they were not accepting any of the q's and it was a one day thing. as i did more research later i saw that people were just racking up on gift cards. some lady bought $2600 worth of amazon and itunes cards for $1300. yes, that's correct she had spent over a thousand dollars.

Again, the companies put themselves in this position, before issuing things like this, they need to look at the coupon they are producing, does it have all the language they need and want on the coupon, can't misinterpret if its in writing, then make sure your stores know what is happening. There have been so many mistakes that companies have made and pretty much just shrug it off and blame the consumer. If you need something to be in place, do it, place your restrictions and use on the coupon. This coupon never stated it couldn't be used on GC's nor that the item needed to be over a $100, the stores were even starting to say it could not be a sale item (over $100), thats too much after the fact. We are the digital age, this will be passed on to other folks. They should of also put a unique number for each coupon if they only wanted it used once. You can put a link in your email that generates a new coupon for each individual, this takes away the over use of your coupon (ok mostly). Victoria Secret did this, they actually sent out angry letters to customers for using multiple codes that their website accepted, blaming the customer for their oversight. I received one of those letters for using multi codes to get some free stuff, I feel if you don't want someone using multi codes, disable that feature or program it differently. Other companies do it, it can be done LOL

article on ALLYou site

http://dailysavings.allyou.com/2013/01/24/best-buy-coupon/

Edited by Stowasser

I have placed a call to our attorney general's office and the office of Consumer Product Protection agency. Each state has one. As the previous email said, they have to honor it. You can still get that coupon today. I am filing a formal complaint to force them to comply. If it is in print and I was still able to get an original print off then the dates are valid. The State of Michigan will hopefully make them honor their mistake.

http://www.usa.gov/directory/stateconsumer/michigan.shtml

Although I agree that these companies should do a better job of reviewing their coupons for restrictions BEFORE sending them out. It doesn't excuse the blatant misuse by some people. This always happens. Instead of going in and using one coupon for a great deal, certain people decide they are entitled to use as many as they please. I highly doubt the coupon would have been pulled if some people weren't buying thousands of dollars worth of gift cards each. Unfortunately, they ruined it for everyone else. I got the coupon and now i can't use it at all.

as i did more research later i saw that people were just racking up on gift cards. some lady bought $2600 worth of amazon and itunes cards for $1300. yes, that's correct she had spent over a thousand dollars.

And once again the actions of a few ruin it for the rest of us. There should have been unique barcodes on this so that could not happen. They can and have done that in the past.

wow! i didn't mean for this to blow up the way that it has. i just simply mentioned the deal was over so no one would waste their time or gas to drive over there. i totally agree that BB should not have made this a PDF to prevent abuse, but hey everyone is human. yes they should have made it to where you had to enter an email address, but hey, what's done is done. good for everyone that got in on the deal, bad karma for those that abused it.

Again, the companies put themselves in this position, before issuing things like this, they need to look at the coupon they are producing, does it have all the language they need and want on the coupon, can't misinterpret if its in writing, then make sure your stores know what is happening. There have been so many mistakes that companies have made and pretty much just shrug it off and blame the consumer. If you need something to be in place, do it, place your restrictions and use on the coupon. This coupon never stated it couldn't be used on GC's nor that the item needed to be over a $100, the stores were even starting to say it could not be a sale item (over $100), thats too much after the fact. We are the digital age, this will be passed on to other folks. They should of also put a unique number for each coupon if they only wanted it used once. You can put a link in your email that generates a new coupon for each individual, this takes away the over use of your coupon (ok mostly). Victoria Secret did this, they actually sent out angry letters to customers for using multiple codes that their website accepted, blaming the customer for their oversight. I received one of those letters for using multi codes to get some free stuff, I feel if you don't want someone using multi codes, disable that feature or program it differently. Other companies do it, it can be done LOL

I totally agree with you stowasser. If a giant company like Best Buy doesn't have a marketing department that can put out a promotion without making a huge blunder, then it's their fault. They have the right to pull it, but I wouldn't feel bad about using the card on gift cards if it didn't exclude them. I'm just bummed I didn't do it before they figured out their boneheaded mistake. c'mon, how long has the internet been around and how many brains does it take to figure out that people will share the coupon link with others?! It's not that hard to restrict the usage of a coupon to ONLY the person it's sent to.

I totally agree with you stowasser. If a giant company like Best Buy doesn't have a marketing department that can put out a promotion without making a huge blunder, then it's their fault. They have the right to pull it, but I wouldn't feel bad about using the card on gift cards if it didn't exclude them. I'm just bummed I didn't do it before they figured out their boneheaded mistake. c'mon, how long has the internet been around and how many brains does it take to figure out that people will share the coupon link with others?! It's not that hard to restrict the usage of a coupon to ONLY the person it's sent to.

I have placed a call to our attorney general's office and the office of Consumer Product Protection agency. Each state has one. As the previous email said, they have to honor it. You can still get that coupon today. I am filing a formal complaint to force them to comply. If it is in print and I was still able to get an original print off then the dates are valid. The State of Michigan will hopefully make them honor their mistake.

http://www.usa.gov/directory/stateconsumer/michigan.shtml

will you get a response before the coupon deadline?

Plus, with amazon, gift cards are ALWAYS excluded. THey should maybe make you use a coupon printer so they can make sure you use just one copy. I printed it, but I am an hour from a best buy and don't shop their much so don't hve any intention of using it.

yes, a one time use coupon would of solved some of the problems (either through a coupon printer or unique barcodes)

I already received a response from the attorney general's office. Their is a complaint form to fill out. It may take a little time for them to investigate but the coupon would be honored since my complaint was made and I have an original copy of the coupon. Also, there have been many other complaints filed