Another Dell $399 Laptop Deal - Inspiron 2200 w/ Combo Drive & WiFi

Brad

1. Click here to go to Dell Small Business

2. Towards the bottom of the page you will see a spot to enter an E-Value Code. Use code 66816-S81103s

3. Make sure you select the FREE WiFi upgrade

4. Price is $499 - $100 mail-in rebate = $399 + shipping & tax for most states

Inspiron 2200

Intel Celeron M Processor 370 1.50 GHz

Genuine Windows XP Home Edition

14.1" XGA Display

256MB DDR RAM

40GB Hard Drive

24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive

8-Cell NiMH Primary Battery (43 WHr)

Dell 1370 Internal Wireless (802.11b/g, 54Mbps)

56k Modem

Integrated Network Card

6 Months of America Online Membership Included

Guest Frieked

The default NiMH battery would last probably 2 hours, 3 if you're lucky.

I was wrong... it's even less than that... I clicked the help me choose on the batteries and here's what it says:

"Batteries

Most notebooks use either Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) or Lithium Ion (LiON) batteries. You can get 2 to 5 hours and possibly even more battery life from a fresh LiON battery, depending on usage and system configuration. NiMH batteries are a lower-cost option available on some notebooks and will provide about 1.5 hours of battery life. "

So... unless you plan on keeping it plugged in, I'd definitely upgrade to the LiON battery for $69.. without it you probably won't even be able to get through watching a full dvd on battery power.

I was wrong... it's even less than that... I clicked the help me choose on the batteries and here's what it says:

"Batteries

Most notebooks use either Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) or Lithium Ion (LiON) batteries. You can get 2 to 5 hours and possibly even more battery life from a fresh LiON battery, depending on usage and system configuration. NiMH batteries are a lower-cost option available on some notebooks and will provide about 1.5 hours of battery life. "

So... unless you plan on keeping it plugged in, I'd definitely upgrade to the LiON battery for $69.. without it you probably won't even be able to get through watching a full dvd on battery power.

Thanks for the info, sounds like the Lithium Ion upgrade for $69 is worth every penny if you need that portability.

Guest Frieked

Don't see it mentioned anywhere above but I just noticed this also comes with a free Dell color printer...

...Putting some serious thought into getting this for DW for xmas... (oh who am I kidding, I would be getting it "for her" but I'd probably use it more lol)

I have it open in my basket in another window and I'm contemplating, lol. I want to get ds9 a laptop for school (he has a writing disability and this would make school much more pleasant for him). I'm just concerned about the breakage factor and the thing is, with Dell, you can buy that Complete Care accidental damage coverage. Does anyone know if it is possible to buy this kind of coverage for other laptops? I've only ever seen it offered through Dell. They cover any accidental damage (spills, drops, etc.) but not intentional damage (it says hammer marks, lol). Does anyone know if any other companies over this type of coverage? With this coverage for one year, the total would be $656 before $100 rebate.

I think I should consider this coverage for myself in the future because I've already broken one screen off by falling asleep in bed. :curse:

Pushover mom still debating...

Kayakmom,

I know that BB and CC offer "accidental damage" warranties on personal electronics but I'm not sure about their computers. If you buy a laptop at one of those local retail stores + warranty it will probably be closer to $800-$900. So I would make your decision quick before Dell ends this great offer. Dell is $556 after $100 rebate with accidental coverage, seems like a nice deal on a pretty loaded laptop.

Hope that helps.