Remote Vehicle Starter Kit at Meijer

juliegirl

Hey y'all! Meijer has a remote car starter kit with free installation kit on BF for $38.88. I was thinking of getting this for dh for Christmas. He has to get up at 4:30 to go to work and I thought it might make his morning easier if he didn't have to go out and start his car.

Does anyone have one of these? Do they work? How easy is installation? DH drives a 1995 Honda Civic (don't laugh, it's paid for and runs great!). Just wondering if it's worth it before I try to go get it.

TIA,

Julie

Is that free installation or a free installation kit? Big difference. I bought the remote start from Sam's and ended up giving it away to someone who thought they might be able to put in on their car. Wires everywhere! I could see it messing up the wiring on the car.

Better check with your dealer. I was going to buy one too and I called the dealer--bad news on the install. He won't install it nor will he even sell me one. He told me you have to drill through the firewall and he said these add on units sometimes cause the Check Engine light to be always on and it sometimes it messes up the power door locks. So buyer beware.