Elephant items for an 18 y.o. boy

We just adopted a family for Christmas and the 18 y.o. son requested "elephant" things like books,puzzles,etc.

I admit I like a shopping challenge but after looking around on the internet,I am getting discouraged. I can't afford to spend a whole lot (I would like to keep it under $20 but get a lot of things) so am now wanting to try b&m stores for gifts.

Does anyone know where I might find some inexpensive items with elephants on them? I was thinking maybe a calendar,pens,poster,book,puzzles,coffee mug. I will be checking Dollar Tree and maybe craft stores (JoAnn's and Michael's) but can anyone think of any other stores or cheap on-line stores? I need to have everything turned in by 12/17.

TIA!

:)

Thanks!

I was on Amazon but almost all the things I found there was going to break the bank,so to speak. I found one book that works but I need to find some other things for free SSS.

I'm not exactly sure (we don't get many details on the family),but I think an 18 y.o. would like images of real elephants. I've looked on many sites and a lot of them have cartoonish or nursery items of elephants but I think those are too "kid-ish".

I appreciate your help and insight dealluvr!

:)

How about adopting an elephant for him? Depending on who you do it through I've seen them as low as $15 and as high as $50. I know $50 was over budget but i saw one place for $15 and for $25 it came with a plush. Lots of wildlife companies do it. Also, a local zoo may do it too. Mine does.

Or a nice poster like PP said. Allposters.com has 25% off everything now (use code ZTWE25, expires today). You could pay the option to get it framed or take it to Micheal's with a coupon and frame it there.

Search for "elephant" http://www.allposters.com/gallery.asp?startat=%2Fgetthumb.asp&txtSearch=elephant&CID=44C4146F041B4B549B0510F3A0454F74

I also see this at Amazon, nice snow globe $17.50. It's a little small though, only desktop size. http://www.amazon.com/Globe-Elephant-Collection-Figurine-Decoration/dp/B003EVU8RW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1354757258&sr=8-5&keywords=elephant

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Be7mEIZcL.jpg

Edited by angleyez423

Just a tidbit too, an elephant with its trunk up is a good luck sign, it signifies long life. So if you have the option, trunk up! I don't know if you happen to have any friends or family that will soon be in the Washington DC airport (jeeze, I forget which it was, the one in the city right by the Washington Monument) but I just bought my son an elephant at the Smithsonian Museum Gift Shop there for approx $12. I tried to find it online but only found an image of one http://www.flickr.com/photos/30484128@N03/6936583024/

My son collects elephants too :)

I ended up getting him The Elephant Whisperer book (looks interesting!), a bath pouf from Pier 1 Imports (kinda cheesy for an 18 y.o. boy but it was really cute),and a snowglobe with an elephant inside (trunk up for good luck Midwest Mama!) and a Wildlife calendar (an elephant was for the month of March) from the Dollar Tree.

If I'd have had more time,I might have ordered something online but was afraid it wouldn't get here in time.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

I ended up getting him The Elephant Whisperer book (looks interesting!), a bath pouf from Pier 1 Imports (kinda cheesy for an 18 y.o. boy but it was really cute),and a snowglobe with an elephant inside (trunk up for good luck Midwest Mama!) and a Wildlife calendar (an elephant was for the month of March) from the Dollar Tree.

If I'd have had more time,I might have ordered something online but was afraid it wouldn't get here in time.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions!

I am sure he will love it all!