Question about getting price adjustment on BF?

phatferd

I want to get the laptop at CC. I went in there the other day to scope it out and my mom wanted to go with me because she wanted to go to a bakery next door.

While I am there I ask the sales associate, "what if I buy it the day before and bring my reciept in on Friday morning?" Of course he said I wouldn't be allowed to do that and then my mom out of nowhere got into him saying, "you have to honor the price adjustment. Your policy states that you have 14 day's to adjust prices."

The guy basically said the reason you can't is because you can only get the price of $450 as long as they are in stock and the only way to guarantee they will still be in stock is if I get here and am one of the first 20 or so people in line.

I then told him it won't be out of stock if I come in a 8:00am because I will have the computer in my possesion and all you'll have to do is adjust the price. He then said that wouldn't work because I would have to exchange it and they would take it from me and I would then have to get one off the floor and by that time there won't be any.

To me this is a scam, how can they say they would have the take the one I already have and I would have to get another one. To me they know they didn't think it over too well and are trying to confuse me into not doing this.

My mom wouldn't stop yelling at the store manager. She was telling him that they have to honor the price and that you can't change your exchange policies for 1 day out of the year.

I see both sides and without getting into a long and possibly wrong answer as to why the associate said that - I'd call the store and ask for the manager and get their reply to your question! Make sure to get their name as well.

Some stores are allowing you to price adjust on doorbusters, others are not. I think your chances of doing this on the laptop at Best Buy are slim to none, but I wish you luck!! :D

I see both sides and without getting into a long and possibly wrong answer as to why the associate said that - I'd call the store and ask for the manager and get their reply to your question! Make sure to get their name as well.

Some stores are allowing you to price adjust on doorbusters, others are not. I think your chances of doing this on the laptop at Best Buy are slim to none, but I wish you luck!! :D

It's for CC, but I agree and I am kinda looking forward to having my first all-nighter on BF.

I never knew how intese BF was. I might have to make it a yearly thing.

With that said I really want this laptop, so I will do anything to get it. I am even planning on driving an extra 30 minutes away to go to a CC that I called because they are the closest CC to tell me they are for sure doing tickets.

The Toys R Us I work for is up front about everything. If someone asks about it, they will tell them they will honor price adjustments for 14 days minus any doorbusters sales on BF (we actually call it Green Friday), but they could possibly do price adjustments for items later on in the day. The reason they do it is because it defeats the purpose of the doorbusters if everyone just buys it beforehand and then comes back in and price adjusts - because then they have to deal with people all ticked off that they waited in line and other people got something for the same price.

The reason they do it is because it defeats the purpose of the doorbusters if everyone just buys it beforehand and then comes back in and price adjusts - because then they have to deal with people all ticked off that they waited in line and other people got something for the same price.

That's sums it all up. I agree about the doorbusters shouldn't be PM because there would be point of the doorbusters, and no point of going early.