Best Buy is REALLY getting on my last nerve!!!

racerfan

I purchased several items on 11/19 during their Silver Reward Member Sale. I had to make 11 total orders. 9 of these orders were for my kids school an was tax exempt. When I made the purchases I did not have the Tax Exempt card BB issues I ended up getting it later that day when I went into the store with the school certificate. I called BB.com and asked them what I was supposed to do to get refunded the tax. I was told to go into the store which I did on Friday 11/23.

What the store did was an "exchange" crediting each item then recharging leaving a balance of the tax as a credit which went back to my Paypal account.

Today I get one of my orders 6 memory cards and "supposed to be 2 video games" only one game arrived. I have been on the phone with BB.com since 7:30pm been hung up on 2 times and on hold most of the rest of the time. I have informed 5 different people what has happened.

When I give them my order# it comes up that all the items were returned, I have a receipt from the BB store that says it a credit then a charge to make it an even exchange. They cannot find the new receipt # since it does not start with BBY01.

Now I am on my 4th call and will only speak to a Supervisor. They are telling me that they can do nothing and I have to go into the store where the items were "returned" The store is an hour away from my house. I they kidding...

Again now I am on hold AGAIN... Will update as this saga continues.

I have been hung up on 2 more times. Still on again... We are now going on over 2 hours.

OK now 10:12 I am going to bed. I was just hung up on again after listening to their stupid music for 20 minutes. I sent them an message via the contact button, posted on FB and yes I will post a tweet.

Edited by racerfan

Sorry to hear that . After last year's Best Buy news at which they had to forced to cancelled alot of people's order. I am not buying anything that I MUST get from them. Rather spent my money with Amazon . But, it does sound a headache that is continue .

At least they'd SHIP to you, I tried to order 3 different TVs two were specials and one was regular price and they would not ship "to my area" now I realize they were offereing free shipping but could they AT LEAST offer for me to pay some kind of shipping to get the TVs..?

What was really irritating is I could of course pick them up at stores..the closest being 3.5hrs away and a dozen or so in my moms area (dallas) Actually I could even SHIP them to my moms house in dallas where SHE has the opportunity to GO TO A STORE! Is this not kinda backwards to anyone else? Shouldn't the website cater to people that DO NOT HAVE A STORE NEAR THEM!?!?!

I sent them an email but have yet to hear back. They lost $2200 worth of sales from me over it and I only ordered a camera from them..had I KNOWN I was going to have this issue with ordering TVs I would have bought that camera elsewere too!

So add me to the list of not happy with BB!

At least they'd SHIP to you, I tried to order 3 different TVs two were specials and one was regular price and they would not ship "to my area" now I realize they were offereing free shipping but could they AT LEAST offer for me to pay some kind of shipping to get the TVs..?

What was really irritating is I could of course pick them up at stores..the closest being 3.5hrs away and a dozen or so in my moms area (dallas) Actually I could even SHIP them to my moms house in dallas where SHE has the opportunity to GO TO A STORE! Is this not kinda backwards to anyone else? Shouldn't the website cater to people that DO NOT HAVE A STORE NEAR THEM!?!?!

I sent them an email but have yet to hear back. They lost $2200 worth of sales from me over it and I only ordered a camera from them..had I KNOWN I was going to have this issue with ordering TVs I would have bought that camera elsewere too!

So add me to the list of not happy with BB!

I don't know about Best Buy but I know some online places do not ship TVs with normal carriers that service the whole US. Fedex and UPS generally don't want to deal with large shipments that require special handling or multiple people to unload. Instead they use small companies that are contracted to do local deliveries. If they don't have a company in your area set up to do deliveries they can't ship you the TV.

I don't know about Best Buy but I know some online places do not ship TVs with normal carriers that service the whole US. Fedex and UPS generally don't want to deal with large shipments that require special handling or multiple people to unload. Instead they use small companies that are contracted to do local deliveries. If they don't have a company in your area set up to do deliveries they can't ship you the TV.

I have ordered 3 TVs from Amazon (no distribution center in my state) and a really large one from Sams just these last two weeks with no issues. I also ordered a 800lb 32gun safe that as delivered through Fedex to a point and then through a private company out of El Paso,TX (all 5 of these items had FREE shipping)

I do live by several Best buys within 3 hrs of me just none convenient.

If they do not have shippers set up to places they DON'T have stores that is kinda crazy!

I have never had a company tell me they cannot ship something to me before and I've ordered some crazy stuff :P

Well the saga continues...I posted a message to BB on their FB page and got a response from them asking me to send them the information via an email which I did. Today another package arrived and that is also missing an item from it. This time the GPS I ordered for the Swim Team Tricky Tray. I guess I am spending my entire day on the phone with them I am even more pissed off because I can imagine what runaround I will have.

What in the world? I am so sorry your missing stuff! This is not good for bestbuy at all! I have not gotten my camera, SD card and camera case at all yet but I will be checking everything super close.

I hope that you get someone that can actually help you out tomorrow without having to run in circles :( I think now I am super duper glad I couldn't order from them!

Thanks. My order for the camera, case and memory card I picked up today and the GPS was supposed to be with it according to the packing slip. These were all for the school...

Not happy at all I have never had any problems with BB before.

What in the world? I am so sorry your missing stuff! This is not good for bestbuy at all! I have not gotten my camera, SD card and camera case at all yet but I will be checking everything super close.

I hope that you get someone that can actually help you out tomorrow without having to run in circles :(

I have ordered 3 TVs from Amazon (no distribution center in my state) and a really large one from Sams just these last two weeks with no issues. I also ordered a 800lb 32gun safe that as delivered through Fedex to a point and then through a private company out of El Paso,TX (all 5 of these items had FREE shipping)

Amazon, Sam's or other companies may have a shipper in your area but apparently Best Buy hasn't set one up for large items. Like I said, Fedex and UPS don't want to deliver large items to homes. It's a pain in the butt for them so they leave that stuff to smaller local companies, just like you saw with your gun safe.

I do live by several Best buys within 3 hrs of me just none convenient.

If they do not have shippers set up to places they DON'T have stores that is kinda crazy!

It actually makes sense if you think about it from a business standpoint. Any place they have a store they need to have a delivery service, people buying large appliances in store will want to have them delivered. They can use that same delivery service for online orders of large items.

To be honest, it's likely that the large items never go through a traditional shipper like Fedex or UPS. Best Buy probably has shipments going from their large warehouse to their stores at least once a week. They could throw a TV in their normal shipment to the closest store then the delivery service from that store brings it to your house. It would be very cheap for Best Buy because they don't have to do much extra work, that big shipment is going from the warehouse to the store anyways. It would be much cheaper than paying a delivery company.