Do you have a choice to pass on AOL ?

mom04

Ok ..so I have been reading all of the post's on the CC computer deal.:gd_stars:

My question is....Do we have a choice to pass on the aol sign up that goes with the computer ? :worried:

They could I suppose say that its a whole package deal ??:rolleyes:

I know it's still a decent price and I will be one of many trying to get my hands on one for my daughter who will be starting college soon:eek:

But just thought I would throw that thought out there ?

I'm not sure if the fine print says anything about aol sign up a must for package deal ?

I know this is a stupid question...but..:confused: When / if you sign up for AOL- do you at that time have to pay for a whole yr's worth right there at that time ? I really don't need the aol since I pay $45 a month now as it is:mad: but I really can't afford the price w/o:( the aol.

I know this is a stupid question...but..:confused: When / if you sign up for AOL- do you at that time have to pay for a whole yr's worth right there at that time ? I really don't need the aol since I pay $45 a month now as it is:mad: but I really can't afford the price w/o:( the aol.

My experience with it in the past is their price attatches to your phone bill (for dial up anyways) this has been awhile so not sure what they do now.

They are a pain in the behind too, few times weve gotten it and we call to get it cancelled they always talk hubby into getting 2 more months free, then u go thru the whole thing over again, 2 more months, only thing is if you forget to call to cancel your extended "free months" youll be charged even tho they con u into it. I get mad at hubby Im like tell them u do not want the 2 free months u want it OFF.

If your getting a computer for a good deal i would say its worth it, just put ya foot down when u call to get it off.

Ive gone on to rant about AOL lol, to directly answer......its on ya phone bill from month to month. (from my experience)

I know aol can be a pain !!!:mad: We first started with them , and they just wouldnt cancel us as many times as we called and told them to !! I know that I read in some post..lol..don't remember which one...That you can't cancel their plan with this laptop before the yrs up- ok well you can cancel...but they will bill you the remaining amount owed anyways....ya know how that fine print is.....they do have something like that !:gd_army:

I know aol can be a pain !!!:mad: We first started with them , and they just wouldnt cancel us as many times as we called and told them to !! I know that I read in some post..lol..don't remember which one...That you can't cancel their plan with this laptop before the yrs up- ok well you can cancel...but they will bill you the remaining amount owed anyways....ya know how that fine print is.....they do have something like that !:gd_army:

:mad: Well that sucks!

mmmhhhmm im wondering if you call their customer service if they could tell you if you have to pay it up front or month to month?!

You have to sign a contract with AOL that guarantees you'll let them automatically take about $21.95 a month from either your credit card or checking account. You don't have to pay the full 12 months up front to get the $250 instant rebate, that'd be just plain silly considering you're paying just a tad more than that over a years time. Just have to sign up for their basic service for 12 months. $200 down and $22 a month for 12 months is mighty good for "financing" the thing. :D

Went to CC the other night to take a look at the similar floor model thay had in stock. It's a sweet Toshiba laptop. I need this badly, but like yourself I'm in the same sinking boat. I need lots of other stuff and I can't afford a laptop without that AOL discount.

Well I might be getting overworked for nothing...:g_laughin

Who knows if I can even get my hands on one of these....the way I see it...I will try and see if their online (:crossfing ), and if they are..and I can get one...I will !! I have two seniors this yr and one will be going to college in the spring- this would be for her. (( The things we do as parents ))...lol