BEST BUY: Nov. 20 - Nov.23 Sales!

Guest general41391

Guest general41391
Best Buy put out some decent sales for the first part of this week to hopefully eliminate some of the madness on BF. Make sure you check the ad because you might want to buy something now. They have some cheap DVDs, a 1GB MP3 player, a video camera, computers and more.

I was there 10 minutes before they opened this morning and picked up the 32" Westinghouse LCD tv. With my 12% off preferred customer coupon, I ended up getting it for $791.99! That's even better than the 32" Sears will have on BF. I have it hooked up to my Media Center PC now and it looks great! And with my Reward Zone card, I'll be getting a $30 certificate. One less thing to worry about on BF!!

I was there 10 minutes before they opened this morning and picked up the 32" Westinghouse LCD tv. With my 12% off preferred customer coupon, I ended up getting it for $791.99! That's even better than the 32" Sears will have on BF. I have it hooked up to my Media Center PC now and it looks great! And with my Reward Zone card, I'll be getting a $30 certificate. One less thing to worry about on BF!!

Hi,

How can I have a preferred customer coupon like you did? Thanks for answer

I drove an hour away to a smaller BB store to do some snooping for BF. I found a plasma tv and computer I like that are decently priced and will not be on sale for BF. They are also having no finance charges until 2008 on all purchases $299 and up. Of course that deal ends on 11/23. I'm so happy I went because they WILL do the price matching on BF!!!!! So now I am going to buy 2 laptops, a computer, and probably a plasma tv, get the free financing, and will get the BF price later on. I will scream if this girl didn't know what she was talking about because she sounded too goo to be true. She also said she would be giving us a "package deal" to reduce the price even more because we are buying so much. PLUS if get an additional $100 if I sign up for the Comcast digital package which will only be $5 more per month since I already have Comcast. I wonder if it is too good to pass up or too good to be true? We shall see!

I was thinking about getting that tv. But i think i will wait and try to get the 42" plasma. So it looks perfect hooked up to your computer?

I wanna play games on the one i will be picking up on bf. Hopefully it looks good.

I was thinking about getting that tv. But i think i will wait and try to get the 42" plasma. So it looks perfect hooked up to your computer?

I wanna play games on the one i will be picking up on bf. Hopefully it looks good.

It looks great, and I'm just using VGA for now. I haven't tried gaming on it yet. But looking at text and even bringing up the net was very readable. The text is a little small on webpages, but still readable. What really caught my eye was the start page in Media Center. It's very clear and the blue background is so vivid. Never noticed that on my old SD CRT TV. I even played around with some of the PIP features. Surfing the net with tv in a small window. Response seems to be pretty good on it. Right now I'm watching the NASCAR race just to see how it looks with the action. No complaints. Tonight I'll try a DVD through component inputs.

One of the things I love is the size. With the speakers on the bottom it's fits no problem in my entertainment center. I looked at the specs for ones with the speakers on the side (like the Olevia) and it wouldn't fit. It's also very light. I had to take it out of the box to fit in my car and had no problem lifting it out of the box. Huge difference from my 31" CRT!!

Very good, read this

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=526040

So good that I bought one today $899 - 10% coupon = $809 out the door.

If you got one it must be good. Thanks for posting that link. I've been watching that thread for a month. Didn't think of posting the link to it. So far I'm definitely a satisfied customer. I haven't noticed any stuck or dead pixels on it, but haven't done a thorough check.

If you got one it must be good. Thanks for posting that link. I've been watching that thread for a month. Didn't think of posting the link to it. So far I'm definitely a satisfied customer. I haven't noticed any stuck or dead pixels on it, but haven't done a thorough check.

It sold yesterday for $1299 and I got it today for $809.

If I partake in a deal it has to be super RossMAN hot.

I snagged one of those Westinghouse sets as well - second to last one in the store! So they are going fast, and they don't expect more in before the end of the sale.

As I posted in another forum, Best Buy might be a bit quirky on the discount coupon, which ends on the 21st. If you read the fine print on the ones which were mailed, they state that the discount is from the regular price, not the sale price. Best Buy made this change quietly some time back as those coupons used to be off any price.

However I used the coupon which was posted (maybe someone can locate the link again). It's likely due to an error, but there is no disclaimer about regular price! That 12% BB cardholder one (I had one) did, but I'd best the clerk overlooked it... someone got a great deal!

Anywhoo, I went back for a price adjustment tonight as the sales clerk in the HT department automatically assumed the 10% wasn't valid. I got the adjustment, and no interest until Jan of 2008 :)

BTW at my local BB, that is the set they have on display in the computer service department - good looking computer monitor too! I recently bought a refurb Gateway dirt cheap with Windows Media Center 2005... we all know what's connecting to what!

It sold yesterday for $1299 and I got it today for $809.

If I partake in a deal it has to be super RossMAN hot.

Yea, like I said, I've had my eye on this thing for about a month. Was kicking myself for not picking it up about 3 weeks ago when it dropped $300 to $999.99. Now with an additional $100 plus the 12% off coupon I'm so glad I did wait!! It's great with a Media Center or other HTPC. Now I just need to pick up a DVI cable for it for once I get my new video card. Anyone know of any good deals on DVI cables? I know Sears had 75% off Monster cables during their Friends & Family sale. Are they going to have that on BF too?

How do you get the preferred customer coupon?

Do you have more details on that refurb Gateway MCE machine?

Where? Link? Price?

I bought a Gateway version of a Gateway/eMachines level PC with a Athlon 64 3500+ processor, pretty much loaded (200G HD, DVD burner/DVD ROM drives, tuner card, remote control - only 512MB of RAM, which I upped right away) for $549 from tigerdirect. They sold out FAST, and they just had the model down without the tuner card for $499 - just checked, sold out.

They keep coming up with the deals. I am on their mailing list, and jumped on mine right away. The second one just came to me yesterday and they are sold out. WOW!

I am sure another will come along.

I bought a Gateway version of a Gateway/eMachines level PC with a Athlon 64 3500+ processor, pretty much loaded (200G HD, DVD burner/DVD ROM drives, tuner card, remote control - only 512MB of RAM, which I upped right away) for $549 from tigerdirect. They sold out FAST, and they just had the model down without the tuner card for $499 - just checked, sold out.

They keep coming up with the deals. I am on their mailing list, and jumped on mine right away. The second one just came to me yesterday and they are sold out. WOW!

I am sure another will come along.

Sounds similar to the HP a1130n I bought a couple months ago at Best Buy. Athlon 64 3500+, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB SATA drive, DL Lightscribe DVDRW, CDROM, Media Card reader. I think it was $679 after $50 rebate. It didn't come with a tv tuner or remote, but I already had a tuner in my current desktop and just bought a remote online for $35. I took the 120 GB PATA hard drive out of my old desktop and copied the 250 GB drive over to it. Now I have my 250 GB drive just for recorded tv. Plenty of space, even at highest quality. Best part was I had a $300 store credit for an exchange on my old tv/vcr combo that died. It only has the integrated Radeon x200 video card, which is why I'm looking at the X700XL on sale at Best Buy on BF.