Black Sunday?

len_mullen

I went to Staples today to pick up the Lenovo i5 desktop. To my surprise, there was a LOT of traffic. When I got to Staples, the parking lot was nearly full. I entered the store with two other people. Inside the store I had to wait to be served. This is very unusual at this Staples. When I finished, I headed over to Walmart to pick up an item I had ordered online. Again, the parking lot was nearly full. There were lines at every register and I had to wait behind someone putting stuff on layaway to get my pickup.

This pre-thanksgiving activity was not caused by any major promotion as far as I know (and I know about these things). Are others seeing unusual levels of shopping this weekend?

Staples is having a 15% off whatever can fit in a bag sale so that may account for it. Walmart its Sunday and mine is always a ZOO on weekends

I went to Staples today to pick up the Lenovo i5 desktop. To my surprise, there was a LOT of traffic. When I got to Staples, the parking lot was nearly full. I entered the store with two other people. Inside the store I had to wait to be served. This is very unusual at this Staples. When I finished, I headed over to Walmart to pick up an item I had ordered online. Again, the parking lot was nearly full. There were lines at every register and I had to wait behind someone putting stuff on layaway to get my pickup.

This pre-thanksgiving activity was not caused by any major promotion as far as I know (and I know about these things). Are others seeing unusual levels of shopping this weekend?