B1G1 half off Skylanders Giants figures at Toysrus.com

jakesmommy403

Friday and Saturday sale on toysrus.com has Skylanders Giants figures (even the 3-packs) buy one get one half off. I hope this link works, I've never posted one from my phone before.

http://m.toysrus.com/skava/static/family.html?type=TRU_family_us&url=%2Ffamily%2Findex.jsp%3FcategoryId%3D17316216&domain=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toysrus.com&parentCate=Buy%201%20Get%201%2050%25%20Off%20Skylanders%20Giants%20Adventure%20Packs%20%26%20more

Ok, I am not quite sure where to post this so, please forgive me if I post it in the wrong spot. We have all the original skylanders buy I want to get my son some of the giant ones. Do you have to have the portal that comes with the giants or just use the original portal and buy the pack that has the new giants game? Thanks in advance :)

From what I understand, the Giants figures work with the original portal...as long as you have the new Giants game. Hope this helps! :)

My poor sons spent their "own money" to buy a cool new Giants figure without thinking about the fact that they don't have the new game yet. They were broken hearted. LOL

Yes the old portal will work for the new game. :) In fact, I just read today that some people are having issues with the new portals, so I'm happy to have our old one.

as long as the portal is with the same system. We had the portal from the wii skylanders original game. Then we bought the xbox game and the portal doesnt work for that. Portals do not interchange systems but they work with both versions of the game. hth

Our new portal works great! It plugs right into the system. Battery costs were KILLING me with the first skylanders portal.

We got rechargeable batteries for my son's because of that. Yeah, I don't have any first-hand experience with the new portal, that was just something I read. I was debating on whether to get my son the portal owners Giants or go for the one with the new portal but ended up getting the portal owner one after I found legendary Jet Vac at TRU. :)