Why my husband doesn't go...

beverly

So there is a local store that does a pre Thanksgiving $2 toy sale. I asked my husband to stop and get 1 specific toy for our 8 year old daughter (a Kelly Tea Party Doll). He came home with every doll in the collection (6), 4 Matchbox sets, 3 Megabloc action figure sets, 3 different Mr. Potato Heads, and every Fisher Price or other toddler toy (8 more toys). Why? He was so proud of himself! It doesn't matter that our baby won't be able to use any of the toys until his birthday in June, that our 8 year old only wanted the Kelly doll or that no one else has any use for a potato head! He's dangerous! :flame: We wouldn't eat again until March if he was really in charge of shopping. Then again, I can't send him out for groceries either (we're still working on the 50 lb bag of rice that was such a great deal when he bought it 3 years ago).

Lol... Any others who have wildly divergent shopping patterns than their SO?

Guest Deals4Me

YES!! OMG Darren and I are sooo different.

When we got married, I would spend 400 a month on crap...clothing, shoes, etc... not him...

NOW we are nearly alike... scary. ONly buy clearance and sales to good to be true.

I am the saver, always have been. I cringe to pay full retail price on *anything*! DH on the other hand is the spender, he can easily go out and plunk down hundreds for some new electronic item.. I want to puke when I think of what he would do if I didn't have some say in our finances, lol!