Having surgery tomorrow.....

ldnygord

they are fixing some cartilidge (sp?). And possible ligment release. I had it done with the left knee last march, and tomorrow is my right knee. If recovery goes like it did with my left, I hope to be able to walk around. I'm just worried about standing and waiting in lines and stuff. Maybe if I bring my crutches I will get some sympothy. lol

When I had this surgery, I was walking the next day. The only thing that was limited was running and jumping. If you can avoid those, you should be ok but check with your doctor first. You dont want to do surgery a second time because you pushed too hard

When I had this surgery, I was walking the next day. The only thing that was limited was running and jumping. If you can avoid those, you should be ok but check with your doctor first. You dont want to do surgery a second time because you pushed too hard

I pretty sure running and jumping are required for Black Friday especially in places like Walmart :)

I tore my meniscus and cartilage and had arthroscopy of my knee. There was no way I could have done BF a week later :shock: I have a high pain tolerance too, childbirths with NO meds whatsoever! My knee was just too unstable at that point and would swell if I over did it. Check with your ortho imho you should do BF online

Good Luck!

I had this done about 8-9 years ago, a lateral release and there was no way in heck my knee was even stable enough to walk without crutches, much less stand in lines where pushing and shoving are bound to happen. I'd rather be safe then sorry and do my shopping online. Just my 2 cents, you may handle it better than others. Just be careful if you do go, you don't want to end up back in surgery again.

Try to just rest your knee after surgery. I've had 3 Torn Meniscus Surgeries, After my second one, I thought I would be fine with one crutch a week later..I was wrong! I had to go back into surgery because I pushed myself too quickly and ended up making it worse.

Good luck tomorrow! Sending positive thoughts. :fluffy:

I am having knee arthroscopic surgery tomorrow. I am freaked out that I won't be recoverd enough to shop on black friday! What do you think my chances are? I ALWAYS go out and brave the crouds on bf. I will be completely bummed out if I can't go!

Idnygord: I hope that surgery went OK. So will it be online, or in-line this year?

Sadly, you won't find sympahty for your crutches I believe. Instead I think you will find more snide comments that you need to just be out of the way. Unforuntately, people seem to be ruthless on BF. Even if you are walking okay, all that standing will most likely cause a lot of additional swelling. That swelling could hinder the healing process. I'd be very leary of going only 36-48 hours out and would consider online shopping this year.