Advice needed on getting Xbox 360 combo deal

freebird

I need some advice on how popular Xbox 360's are on Black Friday and whether or not Best Buy usually has a lot in stock. The combo deal I'm referring to is here http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/black-friday-13892-MicrosoftXbox360250GBHolidayBundle.html

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska, home to about 262,000 people. I like to think that the demand will be evenly spread across other stores for the Xbox because everyone (Target, Walmart, Sams Club, Toys R Us) are having combo deals on Xbox 360's. I've never been to Best Buy during black friday but from what I read on here, it can get a little testy. I would assume that most people go for the TV's and the more expensive items but I was thinking about lining up around 4p.m. for the midnight opening. I am fully aware of the ticket system (read the FAQ on here) but if I can just get some advice on obtaining an Xbox 360 during black friday, I would be very appreciative. It's not like Best Buy has a show stopping better deal, it's just that walmart and practically everyone else is doing Kinect bundles and I don't want a kinect.

In response to both of your posts, I'm fully aware that best buy is the only one selling the 250gb version, that's actually the reason I'm getting it! I don't want a kinect but I hope everyone else does because every other store is doing kinect bundles. I was thinking about getting there around 4 but maybe that's to early? I still might get there at 4 to be safe

In response to both of your posts' date=' I'm fully aware that best buy is the only one selling the 250gb version, that's actually the reason I'm getting it! I don't want a kinect but I hope everyone else does because every other store is doing kinect bundles. I was thinking about getting there around 4 but maybe that's to early? I still might get there at 4 to be safe

Count me as another that doesn't need a Kinect; I need to replace our 360 and we actually already have a kinect. I also need both a 4gb and a 250gb system but I am sure I'm not doing Best Buy Thursday night.

Yeah I'm waiting to see gamestops deals but our GameStop is in the mall and is VERY small and I can guess they might have maybe 5 consoles at best. Even if they had a good deal, I wouldn't take the chance. Best Buy might seem chaotic but with their ticket system, everything should go smoothly.

Yeah I'm waiting to see gamestops deals but our GameStop is in the mall and is VERY small and I can guess they might have maybe 5 consoles at best. Even if they had a good deal' date=' I wouldn't take the chance. Best Buy might seem chaotic but with their ticket system, everything should go smoothly.

Yea, everything is location dependent. My Best Buys are always madhouses; there's 3 all within 15 minutes of my house and they will all have long lines; I could be there for several hours for 1 game system.

I cannot even count how many Game Stops are within 15 minutes of me. If they are having a decent sale then I will head to one of the ones off the beaten path. Good luck!

I have the exact situation as you guys. We only have one best buy and one gamestop in lincoln but the gamestop is in the mall which will be crazy. There will be diehard gamers at gamestop buying new consoles and new games (Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 JUST game out) so gamestop would be a bad idea especially since they always have a low stock of items due to store size. Best buy carries other electronics and most people will be there for TV's, stereo systems, etc. There may be a few gamers there looking for consoles but at least they have 50 consoles of each. Both BB and gamestop are about 15mins away except BB ISN'T in a mall which is also another plus. I plan to go to gamestop to sell the 2 games that come with my xbox bundle (forza 4 and skyrim) but that will be later friday night after everything cools down at the mall.

The BB Silver reward member sale is on Monday starting at 11am est not Tuesday. Preview is tomorrow to know what they will have.

I'm in the same boat as your freebird. This is the one Black Friday deal I want. I'm a BB Premier Silver member and I'm hoping this is one of the items on the early access sale that we get that starts on Tuesday.

This is one deal I really want as well. My husband wants the 250gb version and Best Buy is the only place that seems to have a deal on it. Unfortunatelly, we will be driving back from the in-laws on Thursday evening late so I probably won't make it to best buy until midnight or 2am.

If they don't have it still I'm thinking of trying to price match it at Walmart. Anyone have any suggestions if I end up having to give that a try?

This is one deal I really want as well. My husband wants the 250gb version and Best Buy is the only place that seems to have a deal on it. Unfortunatelly' date=' we will be driving back from the in-laws on Thursday evening late so I probably won't make it to best buy until midnight or 2am.

If they don't have it still I'm thinking of trying to price match it at Walmart. Anyone have any suggestions if I end up having to give that a try?

Just remember it has to be the EXACT same bundle that BB has, a lot of time each store will have something different in their bundle to make it "unique" from the others. Goodluck though :)

It's still available on line. As a Premier Silver member I can get free shipping, but I think I'll just wait until around midnight at head over to my Best Buy and get it there so I can use it right away instead of waiting a week for it to be delivered. May pick up Need for Speed for the PS3 while I'm there.

It's still available on line. As a Premier Silver member I can get free shipping, but I think I'll just wait until around midnight at head over to my Best Buy and get it there so I can use it right away instead of waiting a week for it to be delivered. May pick up Need for Speed for the PS3 while I'm there.

You are risking not getting it at all by doing this. I would order it, then if I find it at Best buy, cancel the order as they will not even start the shipping process until tomorrow.

Your taking a huge risk there, I bet you miss out on it!!!

It's still available in my cart. I may pull the trigger if it's still available closer to 8:00. With this many available online I would assume there should be enough for me to get one at the store at midnight. This is a decent deal, but not a great deal (since you can find it at Amazon and other retailers for $249.00 outside of Black Friday). With the tax that Best Buy will charge me, I would only be paying $38.00 to get it from Amazon and I can get it with 2-day shipping.