Macy's,Gottschalks or Mervyn's have sales?

CarpeDiem

Macy's for the past 2 yrs at least has had a $10 off $10+ purchase coupon kind of hidden in the local news or similar section of the paper that is good till 11 or noon but I can't recall any amazing deals otherwise - don't know about the others...

Macys does the $10 coupons and IMO has mediocre sales. Just the usual 50% off clearance blah blah. I think it even excludes designers (which are included every few sales...right now they're included). I think it's also an extra % off before 11:00. IMO not worth it except to spend your $10 coupon.

Mervyns gives out a gift card to the first 200 people I think. It's only a $5 gift card. Here there's always a ton of people inline because they open later then most stores (7 I think) so people can do other shopping and then go wait in line. I don't bother for the $5 but do sometimes hit the sale later in the day or the following day. They do a decent sale IMO. Mostly just the usual 50% off sales they do all the time, but they do them all at the same time KWIM. Like 50% off jammies and kids jeans and side out and sweatshirts and rugs and towels and....