$500 Dell desktop door buster a good choice?

yellowjeepster

I am interested in the $500. Dell Desktop package. Does anyone know if this would be a good computer for light gaming, fast enough? Basically Minecraft and games like that for the kids. Would I need to buy a video card or anything extra? Has anyone seen a better option out there for my needs? Also wondering if it will be online or sell out quick in store since it's a door buster. Hopefully not many looking at desktops though. Thanks.

I am also interested. I seriosly doubt that u need addional video card to run those games. The Dell comes packed with an Intel 5 processor which is a great chip. I assuming that over an 1gig is dedicated to the graphics in addtion to the graphic chip. I am camping out. However, I doubt that many people will be buying this or any other desktops this year.

Will any details about this package deal become available? Like USB 2.0 or 3.0? HDMI ready? Anything? I'm looking at either getting this or possibly the Lenovo H430-57311430 Desktop PC from Staples for $449 and buying the $80 Dell Monitor from Dell.

The Computer deals really aren't that great this year sadly.

Will any details about this package deal become available? Like USB 2.0 or 3.0? HDMI ready? Anything? I'm looking at either getting this or possibly the Lenovo H430-57311430 Desktop PC from Staples for $449 and buying the $80 Dell Monitor from Dell.

The Computer deals really aren't that great this year sadly.

Go to the Bestbuy website, click on Black Friday Preview and go to the page 3, view all the details

Dell Inspiron Desktop - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Power cord

USB keyboard, USB optical mouse

Software: CyberLink Media Suite Essentials and more

Owner's manual

3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3330s processor

Features a 6MB cache and 2.7GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.2GHz.

Intel® Core™ i5 processor

Features smart 4-way processing performance with a speed boost.

Intel® Turbo Boost Technology

Automatically speeds up your processor when your PC needs extra performance. Intel® HD graphics are built into Intel's smart new processors.

8GB DDR3 SDRAM

For multitasking power.

Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

Create custom DVDs and CDs.

1TB hard drive (7200 rpm)

Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.

Intel® HD graphics

For lush images with intricate detail. HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.

8-in-1 media reader

Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity, SDXC, microSD, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card formats.

2 USB 3.0 and 6 USB 2.0 ports

For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity.

Built-in Dell Wireless 1506 LAN (802.11b/g/n)

Connect to the Internet without wires.

Built-in 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet LAN

For quick and easy wired Web connection.

Microsoft Windows 8 Home 64-bit operating system preinstalled

Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

Software package included

With CyberLink Media Suite Essentials and more.

Intel, Pentium, Celeron, Centrino, Core, Viiv, Intel Inside and the Intel Inside logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.