Noticed something strange on the angel tree

Illinoismom

While in walmart was going to pull an Angel off the tree, till I noticed that all the ages asked for the same exact thing. Every 8 year old girl wanted the same thing, every 8 year old boy wanted the same thing. I was taken back by this as this takes the fun out of shopping and made me realize that the kids didn't ask for any of the items.

Sad that this has come to this.

My post office has an angel tree and everything is different on there, plus JCP does angel tree as well. I get names from there every year...You could try those.

I adopt a family in my school district, I just found it strange that all the tags with the same sex and age said the same thing

I adopt a family in my school district, I just found it strange that all the tags with the same sex and age said the same thing

I wonder if that's a response to some criticism in the past of the kids asking for expensive items? Or the SA is trying to make sure all the kids get gifts of equal value?

:gdiagree: if they want everyone to have the same item then they should arrange to be bought in bulk and put money to best use...

And I was wondering if what happened was that all the parents filled it out and wanted their child to have what the others have, so they are not slighted, OR

do you think the parents wrote down what they, themself want as a present (like an MP 3 player for instance)?

It's a shame, and if it bother's you I'd choose another angel tree. Hope it works out.