Amazon price matching store ads???

Erdica

How do you get them to price match?

you cant, they will adjust their prices on their own, you just have to keep watching for them to be changed

Well....not technically, but you can help. Find the product you want and scroll down to the 'Product Details.' There you will find 'tell us about a lower price?' Click that and fill in the information as best you can. Put the URL for the product from the site you want to match (if it's online). Start now! I usually fill it in for both Online and In-store.That way if others do it, by the time BF comes around, they might have enough inputs and change it. I do this ALL the time with blu-rays and on release day Amazon usually lowers it and you get a great deal (of course others are putting in the same info).

• Like 1

Well....not technically, but you can help. Find the product you want and scroll down to the 'Product Details.' There you will find 'tell us about a lower price?' Click that and fill in the information as best you can. Put the URL for the product from the site you want to match (if it's online). Start now! I usually fill it in for both Online and In-store.That way if others do it, by the time BF comes around, they might have enough inputs and change it. I do this ALL the time with blu-rays and on release day Amazon usually lowers it and you get a great deal (of course others are putting in the same info).

What a great tip! I never thought to do this! I'm hoping maybe Amazon might give me some good video game deals this year since I won't make it to WM for 8:00.

I thought I read some where that Amazon holds the rights to the Kindles and the pricing. So the other stores can't discount them but they can give gift cards. I don't remember seeing the Kindles come down in price on BF or Cyber Monday....they usually just stay the same. Maybe someone else can add more input....

I never knew this, so say I enter info for a bluray player URL, and the black friday price, etc, should I write "black friday price" and I can enter this all now, days before BF ? Do I write the competitor (store's) name?

Before everyone gets too excited, you have to consider the likelyhood of ever getting the advertised item, which will be extremely low for hot items like the lightning deals. They literally sell out in seconds! People who do not camp are all chanting that The Amazon approach is a better way to get the item without waiting in line, but the reality is that they are making a very big mistake and will this will lead people down the wrong path of expectation and ultimate disappointment. Nothing beats a good gameplan where you put in your time to invest in a sure thing, rather than a 90 second keyboard flurry of button mashing frustration.