help for xbox 360

shop2it

Hi Everyone- My dd wants an xbox 360 for Christmas, it will have to be her only present so I would like one with a good sized hard drive. I go to school full time and work so if anyone comes across a deal if they would please let me know as my web surfing time is short.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if you have an older model or any other consoles but I am sure in the next few weeks Gamestop will have deals on trade ins. You can also go the Pre-Owned or Refurbished route.

Right now Amazon is having a special with $50 off most consoles. Although I'm sure that will be beat with one of the BF deals offering either free online gameplay or free games.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a deal, but do not buy the ones that say $99 with purchase of 2 years of xbox live at $15 a month. That's $360 for xbox live + $100 for the system. At full price, getting 2 12 month cards is only $120 ($60 each but there are often deals for $35-$40 each and it's usually $50 on Amazon anyway). So basically, it's $460 in the end and you could get 2 years plus a system easily for under $300 in the upcoming weeks. The equivalent system is regular priced $300, but can often be bought for cheaper. Right now it is $250 with the extra Disneyland game on Amazon. Buying off Amazon today would cost $350 vs. the $99 "deal" that is actually $460 + $20 if you wanted the Disneyland game. Last year there were TONS of deals to get the system for under $200. Amazon repeatedly had it on Lightning deals all season.

This is all based on a 4GB system with Kinect.

For those who don't know what to look for on size and live. For little kids 4GB should be plenty, teens and up I would recommend the 250GB bigger drive. However, on both my Xbox's, I got a better deal to buy the 4GB and pay for the upgrade harddrive afterwards, both times with genuine Microsoft hard drives too (sometimes the drives come with a free game also).

Xbox Live is the online portion. Some of it is free, but not much. It's not required to play games, but is to play online with friends. The cheapest way to get it is pay in 12 month increments, which full price from Microsoft is $60, Amazon usually sells for $50 but fluctuates down to $35 on occasion, and eBay has daily deals every couple weeks for $35 (seller is buy.com and they sell out quick). Obviously lots of other places sell the cards as well.

Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone- My dd wants an xbox 360 for Christmas, it will have to be her only present so I would like one with a good sized hard drive. I go to school full time and work so if anyone comes across a deal if they would please let me know as my web surfing time is short.

Thanks!

It

I'd suggest bestbuy BF bundle for $199.99 has xbox 360 w 250 gb drive. Also keep an eye on amazon and newegg.com for bf ad prices. Its the Holiday Xbox360 Bundle. Last year newegg.com had the same bundle on bf, same price with free shipping. Just last year's bundle.