When is the perfect time to put up xmas decorations inside/out

jcool785

:holiday01: I got out the BOXES!!! :holiday05:

Me too!

I am working part-time this year (love my job: hate going to work lol) and time is short enough as it is.

It was warm this past weekend,so I got down all my Xmas boxes from the attic; went through them; and started putting stuff near where they will go. I won't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving because my college sons will be here Weds. night and want to celebrate Thanksgiving :)

BUT we will be putting up our tree before they go back on Sunday. Since it will be warm this weekend,we will go ahead and decorate outside too.

Once this weekend is over,I need COLD and SNOW and I will be so happy!

Me too!

I am working part-time this year (love my job: hate going to work lol) and time is short enough as it is.

It was warm this past weekend,so I got down all my Xmas boxes from the attic; went through them; and started putting stuff near where they will go. I won't decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving because my college sons will be here Weds. night and want to celebrate Thanksgiving :)

BUT we will be putting up our tree before they go back on Sunday. Since it will be warm this weekend,we will go ahead and decorate outside too.

Once this weekend is over,I need COLD and SNOW and I will be so happy!

Sounds great! Bet you'll be glad the boys are home! I only want it to be cold enough so that it will snow-- and not to drop any lower than that LOL...

I love LIGHTS --think that is why I am so crazy about decorating. I'd have lights out, in some color/fashion year round if it were widely accepted. The lights make the winter darkness more bareable.

I usually do the day after Black Friday. I might even do the day before this year. It's a lot of work putting them up and taking them down and I want to enjoy them as long as possible. I'm in the holiday spirit already thinking about Black Friday so why not! I think if I was serving Thanksgiving dinner instead of camping I'd wait until after Friday - Christmas decorations aren't something I am used to associating with Thanksgiving. I used to wait until the first weekend of December but that was several years ago.

I usually do the day after Black Friday. I might even do the day before this year. It's a lot of work putting them up and taking them down and I want to enjoy them as long as possible. I'm in the holiday spirit already thinking about Black Friday so why not! I think if I was serving Thanksgiving dinner instead of camping I'd wait until after Friday - Christmas decorations aren't something I am used to associating with Thanksgiving. I used to wait until the first weekend of December but that was several years ago.

My mom puts her tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving, and decorates throughout the early week. Everything except the kitchen. That stays decorated for Thanksgiving until after dinner, then we switch them out.

If you put it up to early, it gets tiresome. One year my dh and dd put it up early Nov and it came down Christmas night. It used to be Thanksgiving night or black Friday and it goes down in Jan. I loved it when dd21 was young. It's not the same just dh and myself.

That's where dh and I are at. It used to go up Black friday and come down New Years day. It gets later and later each year. I also got rid of a bunch of my Chritmas stuff. This year probably the first or second week of December the tree will go up, then back down after Christmas day. That's enough.

In Living room my :holiday07 and all else is decorated! :holiday03 and we are almost done :holiday01 with outside! :holiday04

:holiday09 Howz everyone else's decorating coming along? :holiday05 ?

I still have bathrooms, and gameroom to do. :holiday08

Way to go- I bet it's gorgeous!

We got our tree decorated and the boys put up my outside lights. Now,I'm just waiting for it to get dark so I can see what they look like lol. I got new snowflake lights this year (blue and white) and they look good in the daytime.

We need to start the thread about posting pix of our decorations and tree!

I love seeing other people's holiday decorations :)