Vonage

simonalex

Hi everyone,

I am planning of swicthing to Vonage phone services.

Can you tell me apart from $25 per month, what are the hidden costs in this program?

DO I have to buy some extra device??

Which is the best place to buy Vonage services??

Thanks

Simonalex

First post here, I live in Portland OR, I have been with Vonage Since 4/04 when they started selling in retail outlets.

I have had Sunrocket as well for the last 8 months, I have 2 phone numbers they gave me 2 free phones, I use one of the numbers as a fax line. Kicker is SunRocket is $199 or $16.59 per month less the $3.00 of free Int'l calls we make net cost $13.59 and no $3 FET. VS Vonage $27+ after FET and no Int'l calls.

Call quality same,

Reliablity same,

Vonage has a few more bells and whistles, but not in my eyes worth the extra $14. Vonage is getting to be like the Old telcos to big for there britches ( in there own eyes )

For the time being I will keep both.

We can have 2 phone conversations going, one person on Vonage one on Sunrocket and I can surf all on Comcast 6meg line that has a lot of subscribers on it with no real sound quality degredation ( I do have the phone devices in front of my router)

JMHO Sun rocket is a better deal unless you must have one of vonages features. Most people don't use there home phone that much anymore (cell phone, work phones, etc )

Sunrocket also has a no cancellation fee, no hidden fees, no gotchas etc a little more honest in there dealings than Vonage. You can try for 31 days and cancel at no cost.

Good Luck!

sunrocket then add the .com

HI I ahve never hard about Sunrocket before!!

ActuallY I read on Cicuit City ads that they are giving $75 gift card for vonage activation.

So i am wondering if u get deals like that always or this is thr right time to go for Vonage activation.

Thanks