Black Friday and Holiday Shopping Details

bigjimslade

This was a press release that was posted yesterday. This covers shipping, 12 midnight Black Friday opening and more.

Note to Consumers: Holiday Plans Give Shoppers Another Reason to Choose Best Buy

Wide assortment, unparalleled service and competitive prices provide best value for consumers

· An additional 24,000 seasonal employees across our stores and customer support areas will reduce the hassle during the holidays.

· Extended hours and a midnight opening on Black Friday will help shoppers get an early start on their gift lists.

Best Buy, the global leader in consumer electronics, is making holiday shopping easier and stress free with a number of measures designed to provide consumers the best value, service and support. Plans include free shipping on all products purchased on BestBuy.com; same-day, in-store pick up for online purchases; an extended price match guarantee; and enhanced training for our Blue Shirts.

For in-store shoppers additional Blue Shirts will be available to answer questions, provide impartial advice and help test products. Best Buy employees’ vast knowledge of a wide assortment of products means customers will be able to choose their gifts with confidence. Whether someone purchases in-store or chooses to take advantage of free shipping they can leave knowing that the Geek Squad is standing by ready to provide support.

Free Shipping – For the second year in a row, Best Buy is offering free shipping on all online orders now through Dec. 24, 2012. If a customer visits our stores and a product is not available, Best Buy will provide free shipping to the customer’s home.[1]

Same-Day Pickup - For increased convenience and flexibility, customers can order their choice of products on www.bestbuy.com and pick them up at their local Best Buy store that same day.

Easy Returns - Best Buy takes the hassle out of returns this year with an extended return policy. Customers who purchase a gift from Nov. 4 through Dec. 24, 2012 can return or exchange it through Jan. 24, 2013.

Increased Customer Support – Beyond the holiday perks, Best Buy is taking the extra step to hire thousands of seasonal employees to better serve consumers and ensure their shopping experience is smooth.

An additional 12,000 seasonal employees will boost Blue Shirt ranks and nearly 10,000 seasonal employees will be added to Best Buy’s customer support channels. An additional 2,000 will expand existing distribution center teams.

Midnight Black Friday Opening – Best Buy will open its stores at midnight[2] on Black Friday again this year to give shoppers a head start on their holiday shopping.

Pricing - Because customers indicate price is one of their most important considerations when purchasing a product, Best Buy will have competitive prices throughout the Holiday season and, with our Price Match Guarantee, Best Buy Blue Shirts will, if asked, match prices of a competitor’s local retail store, another local Best Buy retail store and BestBuy.com on any identical available product for sale during the Holiday season (Nov. 22 through Nov. 26 excluded). Best Buy will also price match any gift purchase made between Nov. 4 and Dec. 24 until Jan. 24, 2013.[3]

Additionally, starting on Oct. 7th, Best Buy is empowering its Blue Shirts to match, if asked, the online prices of designated major retailers on appliance and electronics hardware products[4].

###

About Best Buy Co., Inc.

Best Buy Co., Inc. is a leading multi-channel global retailer and developer of technology products and services. Every day our employees - 167,000 strong - are committed to helping deliver the technology solutions that enable easy access to people, knowledge, ideas and fun. We are keenly aware of our role and impact on the world, and we are committed to developing and implementing business strategies that bring sustainable technology solutions to our consumers and communities. For information about Best Buy, visit http://www.bby.com/ and to shop at Best Buy, visit http://www.bestbuy.com/.

[1] Applies to items carried inside Best Buy® stores. See store for details.

[2] Except where prohibited by law.

[3] See BestBuy.com/pricematch for full details.

[4] Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax appliance and electronics hardware products price for these designated major retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Circuitcity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, hp.com, homedepot.com, lowes.com, newegg.com, officedepot.com, officemax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, Tigerdirect.com, and walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles. Best Buy will not price match accessories, during the return and exchange period or the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on major retailer websites. Valid October 7, 2012 - November 17, 2012 and November 27, 2012 - December 24, 2012. Best Buy may amend the terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply. See store for details.

bigjimslade,

Wasn't it last year at BF, that BB fell through with their BF ? I seem to remember, it was them that alot of customer didn't get their BF purchase.

yes I think I remember last year that they were just canceling people's orders even though they had an email confirmation it had been ordered.

• 3 weeks later...

Any word on more doorbusters coming from Best Buy?

No word on them yet but usually late Wednesday night they will post a few items on their website. They have done it every year for the past 3 or 4 years. Sometimes they are good deals, other times they aren't that great. In many cases, if you wait for those ads though you will not get them any way since those on the line WILL know about them and grab them.

I have never shopped at BB on BF. I would only be looking for the movies on sale and probably wouldn't get there until late morning. Do they sell out of these items quick or seem to have a good supply? Should I just skip them like usual?

Welcome to the community!

The DVDs will be gone within 30 seconds after the door opens.

I have never shopped at BB on BF. I would only be looking for the movies on sale and probably wouldn't get there until late morning. Do they sell out of these items quick or seem to have a good supply? Should I just skip them like usual?