Artificial or real tree?

jskarp

I'm allergic to real pine trees so we've always had artificial. No mess, no allergies, and our main tree looks so real that everyone is always surprised when we tell them it's artificial. :)

Do you remember where you purchased it...that's exactly what I am looking for...

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think the tree farms here have suffered. They have been getting ready to start cutting. All along the river here are tons of tree farms. Place we usually go, a single mom runs it. The roots are deep enough on pines to not hurt the trees, and they dont have leaves to drop. They dye them also.

With the drought here that has been in Illinois, I am sure there will not be as many nice trees as before, we do both in my house real and artificial

Edited by peppysfireball

I grew up with real tress, even cutting our own at times. As an adult I did that a few times until one tree came home with a bunch of spiders. It's been a pre-lit artificial for about 10 years now. We are on our 3rd artificial, the first one the lights died after about 4 years, and the 2nd I gave away because I was moving into a smaller place. My current tree I bought at Walmart last year, a pre-lit 6.5 ft for $35. I love it, no watering, no needles to vacuum up, and as others have said, you can always use a candle or pine scented air freshener. I usually have cinnamon pine cones in my apt so I don't bother with other scents. For me, packing up and storing a artificial tree is a lot easier than taking down a real tree, disposing of it, and then vacuuming and vacuuming the trail of needles.