BB toshiba vs office depot compaq

viper2ko

Which is better, the toshiba or compaq at office depot? The advantages i see is that office depot line wont be as big. and with office depot compaq u get a free printer. But i dont know what the cache, and hard drive speed is compared to the toshiba.

Which is better, the toshiba or compaq at office depot? The advantages i see is that office depot line wont be as big. and with office depot compaq u get a free printer. But i dont know what the cache, and hard drive speed is compared to the toshiba.

You will have to pay shipping and handling with the OD one, it is a BTO.

You will have to pay shipping and handling with the OD one, it is a BTO.

That's something I am trying to find out. I see OD has a good deal on a laptop and a desktop, but I wondered if they are CTO (OD's term for BTO).

The positive side is, that means they won't sell out in minutes - you can go in until whatever the time ends and get one with your name on it.

The OD Compaq looks to have a slightly slower processor, if I can make out the speed correctly, just a DVD-ROM drive instead of the DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive the Toshiba has, and has a TON of mail-in rebates to follow through upon instead of an out-the-door price. It looks like the in-store price is $549 (please correct me if I'm wrong!), so sales tax is going to be higher, too. Also, it's a 14" screen vs. a 15" screen, if that makes a huge difference.

The video card is unknown as far as I can tell. If it's an Intel Extreme Graphics built-in card, that's another nod for the Toshiba.

Also, it's a 14" screen vs. a 15" screen, if that makes a huge difference.

A 15" 4:3 screen is 14.8% larger than a 14" 4:3 screen.

14" screen:

* Your viewing area is 11.2 in(w) x 8.4 in(h)

* Total viewing area is 94.08 sq in.

15" screen:

* Your viewing area is 12.0 in(w) x 9.0 in(h)

* Total viewing area is 108 sq in.

http://www.cavecreations.com/tv2.cgi

Guest superdomino83

Also, it's a 14" screen vs. a 15" screen, if that makes a huge difference.

Keep in mind that the Compaq's screen is a WXGA (1280x800 or 1280x768). That means roughly 30% more information on the screen than Toshiba's 15" XGA (1024x768).

Guest superdomino83

Is there a place online that breaks down what all of the WXGA, XGA, etc. means?

I can't post links here yet, but you can search for XGA or WXGA on wikipedia to find an explanation