Tweens - what could I get them this year?

I have a 9yr old DD too. She needs a new bike because she has gotten so tall this year. She has asked for an a basketball goal and ball. She loves crafts and I have thought about getting her some tools, beads, etc to make jewelry. A new game for her Wii, clothes, boots, lego friends sets, and many other things are on her list.

I am sure your girls will come up with a list of other things soon too

I am very lucky to have a VERY ARTISTIC tween (11) so she ALWAYS needs oil paint, canvas, ect...

What about nailpolishes, bath and body works lotions and stuff, purses, jewelry, giftcards to clothing stores (I started doing GC instead of clothes because EVERYTHING is on sale AFTER christmas ;) ) Music downloads, skins for the iphone/touch

BEATS were on all my kids list last year. My DD got the justin beiber purple ones

I also got her a subscription to one of those teeny bopper magazines with the pullout posters..

What about redecorating their rooms?

Both the items they want should come with some Itunes bucks too :)

I am very lucky to have a VERY ARTISTIC tween (11) so she ALWAYS needs oil paint, canvas, ect...

What about nailpolishes, bath and body works lotions and stuff, purses, jewelry, giftcards to clothing stores (I started doing GC instead of clothes because EVERYTHING is on sale AFTER christmas ;) ) Music downloads, skins for the iphone/touch

BEATS were on all my kids list last year. My DD got the justin beiber purple ones

I also got her a subscription to one of those teeny bopper magazines with the pullout posters..

What about redecorating their rooms?

Both the items they want should come with some Itunes bucks too :)[/quote

These are all great ideas! My dd is 10 and these are the exact kinds of things I am buying for her. She is really into makeup, jewelry, arts and crafts and girls clothes from justice.

My dd wants her room redone as well for Christmas with a Paris theme....anyone have any good ideas?

I saw some Paris theme items in Target clearance, pics and Effiel tower statues etc.....I did the room thing also, the kids would get something for their room, might be a comforter or blankets, lots of pillows to create a bed/sofa type thing going on, if getting something like an ipod touch-then accessorys to go with it, itune cards etc....I think girls are easy to shop for, usually clothes or GC's, items from Claires, Justice, even Hot Topic usually thrill them, games that are for tweens, art supplies or even cool school supplies (like for lockers), lights for their rooms that are cool like lava lamps or similar, my daughter is into books-so lots of books and CD's

I redo kids room as a side hobby. DDs room used to be Paris themed, she was younger but we painted the walls pink and black vertical striped....she had a chandiler and we bought a lot of accessories at hobby lobby....she had lots of pink poodles I remember. (we now have zebra striped painted walls ;) )

Amazon has ALOT of paris themed posters for SUPER CHEAP, I used an effiel tower one to cut up and trace for a project not too long ago :)