Bogus sales?

JanaBanana

I just read this post on another message board and thought hmmmmmm :confused: Make's me wonder...

Sooooooooooo irritated at TOYS R US!!

A couple weeks ago hubby and I went out for our anniversary and to start our Christmas shopping. We got a couple of things and checked out prices on a couple things, one a big ticket item.........a kitchen for our three little ones as a group gift.

We decided later that one of the things we bought we should have gotten two as we have twins and while we like to treat them as individuals and not give them carbon copy gifts we also know there is a real possibility that they will fight over a toy if there is only one (they are 3).

Well, this special comes out at TOYS R US that if you spend 75$ you get a $10.00 gift card......well I called as we live 30 miles away and made sure they had the kitchen before my husband drove all the way down there.

Also, I asked if we spend $150. do we get two 10. gift cards . Yes.

So, he goes and comes back and says that since October 22 when we were there looking they had raised the price of the kitchen by $5.00 and the other item which was a $19.99 item on 10/22 was now $23.99.

So what does that do?? It eats up the $10.00 gift card!!!!!!! Right??

I am so ticked. I am going to call and complain.

My husband said that he was able to find a kitchen with the $149.99 price still on it and they honored it, but as far as I am concerned they owe us $3.99 for that other item.

It just infuriates me that they make a big deal (commercials, ads in the paper, etc.) about these $10.00 gift cards and they are jacking up the prices of their toys to cover them!!!

Are you appalled or is it just me? Has anyone else had this experience?

Grrrrrr!

I don't think it's a matter of them jacking up their prices as much as having sales on toys that only last a week or so. Like Dora's talking dollhouse. That thing normally goes for $60. I saw it at one point for $50, but didn't buy it. A few weeks later it was back up to $60--that promotional period had ended so it went back up to regular price. Later it dropped to $50 again and I used a $5 off coupon to buy it for $45. And LOL, after all that, I think I'm taking it back and getting a kitchen (LT or Step2) instead.

I don't think it's a matter of them jacking up their prices as much as having sales on toys that only last a week or so. Like Dora's talking dollhouse. That thing normally goes for $60. I saw it at one point for $50, but didn't buy it. A few weeks later it was back up to $60--that promotional period had ended so it went back up to regular price. Later it dropped to $50 again and I used a $5 off coupon to buy it for $45. And LOL, after all that, I think I'm taking it back and getting a kitchen (LT or Step2) instead.

I haven't seen the doll house, but I like the Kitchens too :-)

I really don't shop at TRU unless I absolutely want something. I've found that they are notorious for jacking up their prices for a sale! Though every once in a while they do have a good sale. But they annoy me and whatever I can find at Walmart, I buy there and what I can't find there, then I check Target. I usually hit TRU as a last resort. Good Luck. That's a nasty thing that they did!